At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
The GL Accountant will support the timely and accurate monthly close process. Reporting to the Controller, this accountant will maintain account reconciliations and review monthly international reporting packages in addition to a variety of cross-functional projects including system/process improvements and reviews/audits.
What you’ll do:
- Process journal entries and adjustments to general ledger entries.
- Assist with regulatory filings such as Sales tax and corporate income tax declarations.
- Processing month-end accruals and performing closing procedures.
- Review and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare management reporting across many costs centers
- Be a team player and collaborate closely with international team members and stakeholders to establish effective finance processes
- Embrace and rapidly adapt to change in a dynamic work environment
- Processing and reconciling accounts payable and receivables to the general ledger.
Would be great if you brought this to the role:
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and ability to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and 3+ years of experience managing the month-end close process.
- Accounting or Business Degree.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Excel.
- Experience working with the GL and consolidation modules in Netsuite.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud