Technical Content Writer
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the Role
The ConsenSys Marketing team is searching for a Technical Content Writer. As a key member of the Content and Communications team, you’ll bring your experience of writing technical documentation for developers to drive the growth of our leading developer tools and services: Truffle, Infura, and ConsenSys Diligence.
We are seeking to help Web2 developers become smart contract developers on Ethereum, and making more developers aware of our deep tools, libraries, and smart contract best practices. The ideal candidate will have engineering experience, but most importantly, an understanding of what developers need to starting their blockchain journey. You'll work directly with our software engineers, as well as the rest of the marketing team.
- 4+ years of experience in writing, preferably technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Ethereum, smart contracts, decentralized applications, and Web3.
- Experience creating documentation for products, including scoping documentation requirements, and writing and editing a variety of technical documents.
- Superior communication skills. You must be able to write exceptionally and also communicate effectively to stakeholders across the company.
- Experience generating and managing different types of content—web pages, blog posts, email workflows, case studies, webinars, etc—that are relevant to target developer personas.
- Experience managing a content calendar across a wide variety of digital channels and properties, including website, email, social media, and video.
- Experience using digital tools and platforms to track, analyze, and report on content performance.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment and support a broader team of members with different viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Solidity programming.
- You have ideas for making our Smart Contract Best practices essential reading for beginning Solidity and smart contract developers.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team, using tools like Zoom, Slack, Confluence, Jira, and Google Suite.
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team and if you think you've got what it takes, apply anyway. We're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe Ethereum is next-generation technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure, and applications that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects, challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.