Technical Business Analyst – SQL
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Do you love a challenge? Are you passionate about using technology to solve business problems? This may be the role for you.
The Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse team is looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to help revolutionize how we think about and deliver customer insights, playing an important role in the future success of the company.
The ideal candidate will have both a deep appreciation for the business as well as strong technical skills, such as SQL and database experience. You should be self-directed, a creative problem solver, and able to adjust to a fast-paced environment. This position plays the important role in bridging the gap between our business stakeholders and our technical data warehouse/BI team.
This position can be fully remote or split your time between your home office and one of our offices in Boston, MA, Waltham, MA, Gainesville, FL, or Santa Monica, CA. Whatever it takes for you to be successful.
What you’ll do:
- First and foremost, you will be closely collaborating with other departments and analytics teams (Finance, Product, Customer Support, Marketing, Sales) doing the following:
- Understanding business stakeholders’ strategic vision and associated priorities
- Managing relationships and expectations throughout the business related to day-to-day project delivery
- Gathering detailed requirements focused on delivering enterprise reporting solutions or improving data warehouse architecture
- Providing training to business stakeholders on enterprise reporting solutions
- Working across the organization to research and answer complex questions related to enterprise reporting solutions and other systems
- You will also be working directly with our development team doing the following:
- Data discovery and profiling to understand source systems and data movement throughout various systems
- Partnering with the team to design and perform testing on our data warehouse
- Collaborating with other team members to design data architecture objects or enterprise reporting
- Create and maintain technical documentation
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ of BSA experience
- Experience in data analysis to support development and testing efforts, with intermediate knowledge of SQL is a must
- Experience in the development of enterprise reporting solutions with leading BI tools (Tableau, Looker are preferred, but not required)
- Exposure to logical and physical database modeling for a variety of applications and feature sets
- Delivering best-in-class business intelligence solutions is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts and follow that through into a technical understanding
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization as well as with business and technical peers
- Experience or exposure to enabling and supporting data governance programs
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact ** Redacted **.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.