Video Editor and Motion Designer
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Video Editor and Motion Designer, you will help create a variety of video content that will live on our website and on social media. You will join a growing video team of creative communication professionals while you execute the integration of live-action footage graphics, text, still imagery and sound, to craft 2D animations. In this role you will manage multiple video projects at once, assist in the ingesting and organization of footage, and develop engaging and effective video content for our consumers. This position reports to the Director of Production. The ConsumerAffairs atmosphere, culture, and benefits are second to none. Come and join our fast growing TEAM!
• Edit video and build graphic animations for Content Video Team
• Conceptualize, design and transform scripts into fluid, highly effective motion graphic animations and video production
• Produce and edit graphic and video elements that optimally promote various categories and products on the ConsumerAffairs website feature titles, lower thirds, fan prompts and stat pages
• Design and build graphic elements to support media presentations for various departments including content, marketing, news, web, and social media teams
• Manage and oversee the completion of daily affidavit reports
• Assist in the research and implementation of control room system software and hardware upgrades
• Develop organized processes for the department to effectively execute its daily duties
• Maintain good punctuality and attendance
• Other duties as assigned
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- Graduation from a Bachelor’s Degree or similar program in Video Production, Film, Animation, or related field
- 3+ years experience in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong video post-production skills are required.
- Requires close attention to detail, reliable work ethic, and a professional appearance.
- Requires proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite..
- Requires strong communication skills to ensure effective workflow and customer service.
- Requires strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet strict deadlines on multiple projects at once.
- Must have working knowledge of Mac systems.
- Must be able to produce documentary style motion graphics.
- Experience in audio mixing and color correction is preferred.
- Experience in other video production roles is a plus.
- Must be able to provide examples of past work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently.
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver; Always starts with a “Let’s go GRIND it out” attitude.
- Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful
- Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to to be tenacious and never settle.
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focussed on solving issues,
- Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months.
- Relentless in their pursuit of success and possesses the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities.
(our daily GRIND)
- Responsibility creates the freedom to quickly deliver value, we make no excuses, and consistently improve results.
RESOLVE THROUGH DATA
- We make data-driven decisions, think systematically about ROI and resolve complexity to drive results
INVENT WITH GRIT
- We are intellectually curious, create, take smart risks and grind out results because Fortune Favors the Bold.
NETWORK TO WIN
- We foster diversity, build trust through collaboration, close the loop, get to the bottom-line and turn debate into action and results.
DELIVER IMPACT DAILY
- We grind it out deliver important work, are efficient, have a relentless sense of urgency and drive results
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Tulsa / Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, maritial status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan