It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Less than four years post-launch, we have over nine thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $100M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, HubSpot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
As Crossbeam scales, we are expanding our Finance team to meet the growing needs of the business. We are hiring an Accounting Manager that will work closely with the Director of Finance to build our financial reporting capabilities. This role will be responsible for owning our financial reporting process, establishing accounting systems & policies, and managing our first audit. You will work with our existing Finance team of two, our outsourced bookkeeping team, and other business leaders across the organization in this position.
- Own the monthly financial closing process, including the preparation of accounting entries, account reconciliations, and assembly of financial statements
- Streamline and improve the month-end close process
- Work with the Director of Finance & Chief of Staff to provide budget reports and relevant information for decision-making to each of Crossbeam’s business functions
- In-depth understanding of key drivers of business and financial results
- Strong knowledge of the three financial statements to assist the Director of Finance in forecasting the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flow
- Own the development and implementation of accounting policies and internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and own our relationship with external auditors to serve as lead for our first financial audit
- Assist leaders across the organization procure new tools and vendors through contract review and negotiation
- Support sales planning and commission processes in collaboration with the Go-To-Market team and Director of Finance
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, & Local taxes and credit programs
- Supervise accounting operations including A/R, A/P, payroll, and cash management
- Evaluate and implement new accounting systems to drive efficiency
- Conduct period reviews of existing vendors to identify potential areas to reduce burn
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and special projects as required (for example, accounting related to European Expansion, accounting for acquisition and post-deal implementation, chart of accounts consolidation, etc.)
These are some of your traits:
- You have 5-8 years of relevant accounting/finance experience (audit, consulting, FP&A, software accounting)
- You are a CPA (can be inactive) and have previously gone through an audit
- You have previous experience in public accounting is a plus
- You have hands-on experience with SaaS companies, are fluent in SaaS Metrics (ARR, churn, retention, etc.), and have strong knowledge of ASC 606 and accrual accounting
- You have extensive experience partnering with senior leadership both in finance and cross-functionally
- You are willing to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- You are eager to work in a fast-paced environment and operating/making decisions within ambiguity
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience with Quickbooks Online (current ERP), Netsuite, or Intacct
- You thrive in a remote environment and are self-motivated and an over-communicator
- You are process-oriented and are excited to implement solutions to problems at scale within a hyper-growth company
- You speak your mind, have no issue raising concerns with company leaders, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way
- You just read this whole list and got excited about the opportunity
We go through the same interview steps for all Accounting candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration
- Recruiting Call
- 1:1 with Hiring Manager
- Take Home Test
- Final interview with
- Hiring Manager
- Procurement Team
- Staff Accounting
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan plus Match
- Learn & Development Budget
*Residents of Colorado: There is a minimum salary of $100,000 plus equity and benefits for this position. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, health, dental, vision, 401k+ Match, flex PTO, parental leave, & fully remote work. Salary for this role may vary depending on your location, skills, and experience.
HOW WE WORK
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam has always been committed to building a remote-first culture, even before the pandemic. We have a founder footprint in the Philadelphia area and team members distributed across the country. The majority of our collaborative work happens on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with non-mandatory team offsites and events a few times a year.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.
To applicants in the European Union & California: Please find our European Union & California Recruitment Policy Here