French Bilingual Customer Support Representative
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications – yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Customer Support Representative requires an individual with experience in resolving highly technical complex client issues. You possess technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing senior-level technical support to clients. In this position, you will support clients from all verticals using our enterprise suite of eLearning web-based software.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Receive information requests, feature requests, troubleshooting requests and complaints from end-users, administrators, and executives by phone, email, chat, and TTY
- Take action to resolve interactions based on product and system knowledge as well as information found in internal and external resources
- As needed, update support tickets to reflect actions taken, resolution achieved, or further action required
- Inform Customer Support Managers of any technical issues, gaps, errors, or missing information in the Knowledge Base
- Receive calls, chats, and emails, which require periods of prolonged sitting for approximately 90% of the time
- Responsibility allocation (unless otherwise specified by Manager): 50% of live customer interactions, 20% of case queue management, 15% of quality audits, 15% of case deflection work such as case analysis and documentation development
- Shifts rotate to cover daily hours of 8 am-8 pm EST, including weekends
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 2+ years of experience supporting web-based applications in a customer service or helpdesk environment
- Fluency or native speaker (reading, writing, and speaking) in French
- Working knowledge of supported browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- An understanding of PC and Mac OS
- Knowledge of acceptable file extensions
- Knowledge of Call Centre technology (e.g. ticketing systems and knowledgebase software) and call center telephony (e.g. Avaya)
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required to determine client needs.
- Attention to detail and organizational and time management skills are essential to accurately enter data, maintain records, focus on multiple priorities, and handle high call volumes in a fast-paced environment
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills are required to deal with customers in crisis effectively
- Ability to relate in a professional, courteous, calm, and friendly manner to all types of callers from different backgrounds who hold different positions
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technical field
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.