Definitive Healthcare is a global healthcare technology company that provides leading intelligence on the healthcare provider market.
We are on an incredibly exciting trajectory and have more than doubled in size in the past 2 years, with over 600 employees. It has been recently honored by multiple surveys as the Best Place to Work and one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Monocl recently joined the Definitive Healthcare enterprise. It is empowers life science professionals with the complete global expert solution designed to drive impactful outreach and strategic engagement
This is your chance to be a part of a journey where you can develop a product that will truly affect and transform the life science industry.
Definitive Healthcare is looking for a technical Sales Engineer who will help Sales land new clients and grow existing business. The ideal candidate will have a blend of technical skills, sales acumen, and a strong knowledge of the healthcare industry. The core responsibilities of the position are to drive revenue through compelling demonstrations, prove the accuracy and value of Definitive’s data assets, and to partner with sales reps as subject matter experts. If you are, or want to be, a healthcare data geek and enjoy directly interfacing with clients this is the role for you!
Specific duties will include the following:
- Work with Sales Executives to drive opportunity closure
- Demonstrate healthcare experience in quantifying, measuring and analyzing various metrics within Definitive Healthcare data sets
- Develop data extracts using SQL and various analytic and programming tools as needed
- Analyze data sets for outliers and trends
- Solve novel client business needs for which there may be no standard deliverable in the Definitive Healthcare products
- Present findings and analysis to customers and prospects
- Promote consistent operations, efficient use of resources and knowledge sharing
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in Computer Science, Healthcare, Finance, Economics or Math
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in Medicare and/or Commercial Claims data.
- 1-3 years of complex data management responsibilities (Big data experience a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in quantifying and analyzing healthcare performance metrics
- Knowledge or experience in medical terminology (DRG, ICD, HCPC/CPT, NDC)
- Expertise in SQL(SQL Server, Azure SQL, and/or Google Big Query preferred); Advanced Excel skills; data visualizations using tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Excel.
- Ability to communicate ‘So What?’ when providing solutions to business requirements.
- Demonstrated success in working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability and desire to present technical topics to a business audience, both virtually and in-person.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, organizational and project management skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior Sales Engineering/Presales experience
- Experience in Medical Economics or Strong Knowledge of Healthcare Performance Indicators
- Experience with EMR/HMR data
- MedDevice/LifeScience/BioPharma target marketing
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Other programming experience: R, Python
- Experience with modern Data Analytics/Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI.
- Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support to healthcare data sales cycles
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information