Senior International Accountant, Portuguese Speaking – EMEA Remote
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are looking for a stellar Senior International Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the International Controller based in the UK, you will be a trusted partner, working with various aspects of the finance department, including taxes, general ledger accounting, monthly reporting, accounting operations, systems, and audit. You will build strong relationships across all departments in the company, instilling a culture of strong communication and partnership with finance. This position will coordinate closely with our finance teams in the USA as well as Degreed personnel in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific and India.
Day In The Life:
There is an emphasis on tax in this role, particularly international tax compliance:
- Manage the relationship with the external tax advisers, monitoring progress on the various projects that are ongoing.
- Preparation of support to be provided to external tax advisers for all tax related returns including corporate, VAT/GST and employment tax filings. Review of returns to ensure accuracy.
- In collaboration with external tax advisers, formulate and document group transfer pricing policies. Ensure ongoing compliance with transfer pricing policies.
- Maintain tax compliance controls and processes. Proactively research indirect and international tax laws.
- Reconcile tax balance sheet accounts (indirect tax, payroll tax & corporation tax).
The role is also more general in terms of the accounting function:
- Compile subsidiary financial statements on a monthly basis in accordance with US GAAP. Understand the transactions required to conform local GAAP financial statements to US GAAP and vice versa.
- Review reconciliations and intercompany transactions.
- International billing, including review of finance clauses within vendor and customer contracts
- Regulatory accounting, audits, and transactional accounting, as needed. Complete external audit requests by analysing general ledger accounts and providing information to auditors.
- Document and improve processes and internal controls.
- Setup of international entities and preparation of company secretarial filings, as needed.
- Protect the organisation’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of tax and accounting experience with an understanding of international tax concepts including permanent establishments, transfer pricing and digital taxation.
- Working knowledge of SOx would be beneficial.
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Chartered Accountant preferred.
- SaaS software experience would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Self-directed and self-motivated but a strong and collaborative communicator.