Business Development Manager – EMEA
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean (DO) is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) who builds, facilitates and drives new customer acquisition in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region in support of our global revenue goals. The BDM is an individual contributor role reporting to the Go-to-Market Lead for EMEA based in Netherlands. As a seed hire for the region, you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the EMEA market. BDMs at DigitalOcean hit their quota through a combination of leads from marketing, their Business Development Rep, and self-identified prospects. A successful DigitalOcean BDM will produce an accurate monthly forecast that maps to a high win rate of qualified opportunities. They will work closely with the Solution Engineer teams and other parts of the DigitalOcean ecosystem to quickly progress opportunities and land new customers. The BDM will also ensure new customers are set up for success and ensure a seamless transition to their Customer Success Manager.
If you are a high performing seller looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Prospect companies, identify decision makers, build a sales pipeline and generate strong interest for DO’s infrastructure
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Building and running prospecting activities (calls, emails) to targeted leads. These leads should be both self-sourced and from other marketing sources
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand your network and open up new business opportunities
- Providing rapid response to inbound inquiries from all sources
- Documenting and tracking within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
- Providing feedback on lead quality and effectiveness of the Go To Market lead generation activities
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a sales environment
- Strong network/relationships and ability to build strategic relationships
- Intimate knowledge of the EMEA market in a sales role focused role
- Ability to converse in any of the following languages will be a plus: French, German or Spanish
- Awareness of emerging trends in the local market for cloud services and ability to create and capitalize on opportunities
- Ability to work independently to identify, evaluate, generate new business opportunities, and drive them to closure
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate solution value propositions
- High-level technical aptitude to understand our products and how they fit together
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize and put to use new information
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Be curious and ask questions
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.