Business Development Representative (EMEA)
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative focused on the EMEA market who can build, facilitate and drive new customer acquisition to enable DO to meet its monthly recurring revenue goals (MRR).
The Business Development Representative is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global Sales Development. In this position you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market, and converting warm & cold leads into DO acquisition opportunities. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to ensure seamless transition of opportunities once qualified. Like any high performing team, you will be measured by results, in this case the volume and quality of your opportunity identification, tracked through to workload deployment. In summary, you will be the first line of engagement with future DO customers and will have an impact on the success of DO as an organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Managing a high volume of daily outbound emails and calls to identified targeted leads
- Managing a high volume of daily inbound leads from a variety of marketing sources
- Building and maintaining a prospective list of potential high value users
- Creating personalized emails to engage targeted accounts
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand network and open up new opportunities
- Processing unqualified inquiries to pre-qualified opportunities
- Providing exceptional customer service to inbound inquiries
- Documenting and tracking within a Salesforce CRM system
- Providing feedback on lead quality and effectiveness of lead generation activities
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Proven lead generation & opportunity creation experience
- Experience in relationship development and opportunity identification
- Excellent proficiency in English – oral and written
- Proficiency (oral and written) in other relevant languages is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate solution value propositions
- Technical aptitude to understand our products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize and put to use new information
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role