Manager, Business Development (APAC)
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead, coach, and manage two diverse Sales Development teams in APAC and EMEA which are fueling our future growth by delivering the high-quality pipeline required to meet our sales targets.
Reporting to our Senior Manager, Global Sales Development, you’ll be responsible for the demand generation and business development activities globally. You’ll combine your passion for developing sales talent along with the desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline to build and lead a high-performing sales development team. Collaboration with our Marketing, Partners, and Sales Enablement teams will be fundamental to your success, as will your ability to build strong relationships with our Regional Sales Leaders in APAC and EMEA.
If you are a high performing seller and leader looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Coach, manage and lead a team of BDR’s, supporting the development of their focuses on inbound, outbound, and growth leads, and forecasting skills while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Work directly with your team to improve overall prospecting effectiveness, including prospecting cadences and discovery and qualification methods
- Partner with the marketing, partner, sales, and business operations units to increase efficiencies and improve processes within the department
- Collaborate with our Marketing Demand Generation team to ensure effective follow up on leads to generate sales opportunities
- Mentor each BDR individually while also building a strong, cohesive, collaborative team that is responsible for providing qualified leads to our Account Executives and Partner Development Managers
- Providing feedback on lead quality and effectiveness of the Go To Market lead generation activities
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Solid track record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by identifying, qualifying new and an existing install base of customer
- Experience in prospecting and qualifying inbound, growth, and outbound leads
- Skilled in in relationship development and opportunity identification
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability in mentoring and onboarding new BDR’s to be productive as quickly as possible
- Expertise to clearly understand and articulate solution value propositions
- Technical aptitude to understand our products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize and put to use new information
- Competency in building, coaching, and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Skilled in selling into a variety of industries and territories as well as experience cultivating larger, strategic relationships
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams as well as leveraging internal resources to problem-solve
- Experience in SFDC a plus with the ability to create reports in a CRM
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a sales environment
- Lead with player-coach mentality by empowering teams to creatively problem-solve, and are motivated to mentor/develop up-and-coming talent
- Consummate coach with the ability to diagnose problems, identify gaps, build plan for improvement, engage and communicate plan, support execution with feedback, and report on progress
- Proficient in organizational and time management skills
- Be curious and ask questions
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role