Senior Frontend Software Engineer
divvyDOSE is a rapidly growing healthcare startup headquartered in Chicago. Our vision is a life where medicine does what it’s supposed to, and people get the attention and care they deserve. We strive to improve the quality of life through innovative design and compassionate customer service that allows medicine to get out of the way of our customers’ lives.
Our vision is to fix and reimagine healthcare for everyone. Our mission is to engage customers by fixing all the problems around getting and taking their medications. We’ve taken the first step by simplifying adherence.
We’re now part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with divvyDOSE, where changing the world is just one result of doing your life’s best work. (SM)
divvyDOSE is looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer for our Customer Experience Team with solid experience in building features and designing reliable systems at scale. We’re in the exciting and rapidly growing consumer healthcare industry which requires continuous innovation, rigorous quality, and iteration. As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer you will work closely with other engineers on the team to deliver high quality, scalable software for our customers. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical leadership in building performant applications, with a desire to collaborate and assist other developers.
- Design, build and improve the growing customer enrollment experience
- Build and maintain a HIPAA compliant infrastructure
- Help debug production issues across services
- Be a thought leader and assist in architecting solutions to ensure delivery of robust, scalable software that meets product requirements & goals
- Help establish engineering standards and practices to deliver well-tested and well-architected code
- Collaborate on the team’s roadmap with product and engineering management by providing technical insight on effort and potential roadblocks
- Thorough understanding of the team’s domain and product focus area
- Mentor other engineers in building their technical skills
- Experience building customer facing web applications at scale
- 3+ years of experience with React, Vue, Angular or another similar framework
- Strong development background with experience in architecture design
- Knowledge of OAuth
- Experience with SQLand NoSQL databases e.g. Document databases, and/or key value stores.
- Experience in writing well tested code and debugging production issues
- Mentorship skills to facilitate technical growth and coaching of engineers
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with monitoring and scaling applications
- 6+ years professional experience in software development
- Must have cloud experience such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
Nice but not necessary
- Experience with Healthcare, HL7 or HIPAA Applications
- Experience with Domain-driven design
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Experience with Lambda or other function-as-a-service (FaaS) solutions
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience with NewRelic, Datadog, or other application monitoring tools
Technologies we use
- AWS Lambda (Serverless framework), EC2, and ECS
- Amazon API Gateway, Flask, SQLAlchemy
- RDS (PostgreSQL), DynamoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Jenkins and CircleCI
- Sentry, Datadog, Segment, Heap, Google Analytics
Our Engineering Culture
We are a very collaborative group that is inclusive, fun, and hard-working. We appreciate the value in diverse backgrounds and experiences so that we can create the best product through different perspectives and ideas. divvyDOSE welcomes remote work and has fully-remote teams throughout the country; we strive to create an environment where you can do your best work in the environment and location that is best suited for each individual. As a member of our team, you can expect to work with intelligent, curious, and motivated peers who value and respect your perspectives. – divvyDOSE has offices in Chicago, Iowa City, Davenport and Nashville.
In addition to competitive salary and a unique opportunity to thrive at a growing company, divvyDOSE offers various formal benefits as well.
INSURANCE, PAID TIME OFF, & RETIREMENT
Full-time employees receive Sick days, Vacation days, and Holiday Bonuses as well as employer-paid Medical (including a Health Savings Account with an employer contribution), Dental, Vision, and Life insurance. In addition, we’re proud to offer Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability coverage. A 401k plan with employer contribution is available, too.
divvyDOSE provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. We encourage individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process may reach out to us at: ** Redacted **.