Director M&A Accounting
About the Team
The Accounting Department is looking for an experienced Director of M&A Accounting to join our growing team!
About the Role
You will report into the Senior Director of M&A Accounting on our team in our Accounting organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be in-office, hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be responsible for financial due diligence, purchase accounting and integration aspect of the M&A activities, most significantly:
- Evaluate the financial information of the target entities
- Understand the processes of target entities, including financial accounting risk and internal controls
- Work directly with consultants on valuation matters, including understanding underlying the forecasted cash flow analysis prepared supporting the valuation of the target entities, any underlying issues and resolution
- Understand the technical accounting and valuation aspect of applying purchase accounting for the transaction
- Responsible for the integration of accounting and financial reporting operations including ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Ability to develop integration plan and milestones
- Work with the controllers to execute integration work plan
- Coordinate with advisors on any regulatory filings
- Ability to work and coordinate with different business partners, including Finance, Legal and Corporate Development team and providing advice on accounting related matters
We’re excited about you because…
- 12 years of work experience in accounting, including experience in M&A transaction
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting
- Experience in technical accounting and ability to identify issues
- Experience in complex, cross-functional business issues and operations
- Good management skills and ability to lead multiple teams and projects
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.