Human Resources Coordinator
About the Team
DoorDash is growing fast and we’re looking for an HR Coordinator to join our People team! This is a newly created position within DoorDash.
About the Role
The HR Coordinator (HRC) is primarily responsible for the delivery of day to day HR activities to employees, Supervisors, and Managers, ensuring that the company upholds best practices and remains legally compliant. The HRC will partner closely with HRBPs and business leaders and will help foster a cohesive, productive, and positive work environment and strong team culture.
The HRC will initially report to an HR Director.
What You’ll Do
- Become the primary support for submitting and following up on People Services tickets for things like manager/job detail changes
- Ensure data integrity by conducting routine audits to make sure employees have the right manager, job profile, business title, etc. and validate any corrections with cross functional partners and managers
- Initially, perform internal mobility eligibility checks for employees applying for other roles at DoorDash (this will switch over to our Employee Relations team in the future)
- Adhere to department level policies and processes and answer questions for employees on these department specific approaches when they arise for the groups you support
- Support the HR Director and HR Business Partners with ad-hoc requests during critical annual cycles like performance review and compensation planning
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees and proactively share themes
- Work on special projects as needed, frequently synthesizing data into a cohesive story
- As we move to increasing manager’s direct Workday access, you’ll work to support clients on their learning and as an additional resource to answer questions to ensure a high level of adoption
- You will have a high level of access to confidential and business information and will be expected to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion with regard to all matters, data, and documents
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Get your foot in the door at our amazing company!
- Build your HR resume and have an opportunity for an upward career trajectory.
- Enhance the employee experience for our employees (exempt & non-exempt).
- Develop and enhance our HR policies and procedures.
- Work closely with seasoned HR professionals and incredible business leaders.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 2 years working in a professional environment.
- You have strong computer skills, including the Google suite.
- You have experience working in/with Workday.
- You have a strong interest in a career in Human Resources and tech.
- You are a problem solver with a high bias for action.
- You are all about providing an amazing experience for your “customers.”
- You’re a strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do.
- You’re naturally curious and have a self-starter personality – you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can't help but ask what, why, and how.
- You’re an outstanding communicator who builds strong working relationships
- You’re gritty and able to hustle.
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $61,000 – $75,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.