Security Engineer, Detection and Response
Come help us build the world's most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24×7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.
The Information Security team is looking for a Security Engineer focused on detection and response to enhance DoorDash’s ability to detect and respond to anomalous activities on its networks and within its systems. You will be a part of our inclusive, collaborative team responsible for building a safe and reliable delivery network. On the Security team we need to protect all of our customers, as well as the logistics engine itself. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with engineering and security leaders to build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to intrusions and security threats.
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks to ensure applications running within the cloud environment.
- Respond to security incidents, perform root-cause, and strategize how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Build automation workflows for alerts and common response scenarios.
- Manage data loss prevention to prevent sensitive data from proliferating within, or leaving, the cloud network.
- Define and implement network and endpoint sensors that feed data and metrics into DoorDash’s security monitoring framework.
- Define, document and implement security standards, guidelines and procedures for secure operations in a cloud infrastructure environment.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer or a system administrator in an information security discipline.
- Background in incident response, threat hunting, forensics, intrusion detection, or threat intelligence.
- Experience with a broad range of technologies including endpoint detection, network technologies, and AWS cloud services.
- Experience with operating a formal bug-bounty program.
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas running in large production environments.
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience leading root cause analysis.
- Experience solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of driving improvements to a company’s security posture.
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and management in AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you can explain security design with respect to cloud infrastructure to security and engineering personnel.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.