Developmental Script Editor
Edpuzzle is a video-learning platform used by over 80% of schools in the United States, and thousands more around the world. We make it easy for teachers to engage their students with interactive video lessons. By creating an extensive library of interactive video lessons, we are on our way to becoming a “one-stop-shop” where teachers can find reliable, standards-aligned video lessons to help their students master important content.
The Developmental Script Editor will be responsible for editing video scripts and maintaining writing guidelines for curriculum designers in multiple subject areas (English Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science).
- Script Editing: Work closely with lesson writers as a developmental editor, reviewing script outlines and drafts to make recommendations on structure, style, tone, and clarity. Help distill complex concepts using straightforward, accessible language. Edit and improve all of the scripts we produce to ensure they meet quality expectations.
- Brand Voice: Maintain brand voice and writing guidelines to ensure all of our scripts have a consistent style and tone that will connect with teachers and students.
- Scaling: Help to scale curriculum production by identifying inefficiencies in the processes for script writing and editing. Develop guidelines for our curriculum designers to improve their writing, decrease their need for editing, and allow them to sustainably increase the volume of scripts they produce.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise with short-form writing and editing, with an emphasis on children’s media.
- Comfort with giving and receiving feedback in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent copyediting, proofreading, and organizational skills. Attention to detail, with a keen editorial eye for catching errors and for improving the organization and clarity of scripted content.
- Strong storytelling skills, particularly for nonfiction educational topics.
- Experience with elementary-aged children and knowledge of K–12 learning standards and pedagogical principles. Experience in Math or English Language Arts preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity across multiple subject areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years related experience required.
- High speed internet.
Hiring for remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia & Washington.
- Competitive salary at $65,000-75,000 and a substantial yearly salary review
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Macbook Air, monitor, and flexible work-from-home setup
- Incredible opportunity to grow, learn & build lifetime bonds with other passionate people
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly value diversity at our company. If you’d like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you!