Health Information Management and Clinical Data Integrity Specialist- Remote
Health Information Management and Clinical Data Integrity Specialist
Who We Are at Elemy:
Elemy is building the first managed marketplace for in-home chronic medical care, starting with pediatric autism. Our AI-powered technology matches families with like-minded therapists, resulting in better care that helps children learn new behaviors and reach life-changing milestones. Children receiving care with Elemy report a 13% increase in communication skills, 80% reduction in problem behavior, and 140% increase in skill adoption within six months – amazing milestones that further our mission each day.
Since launching in April 2020, Elemy has become one of the fastest-growing healthcare companies in the United States, scaling from four employees to more than 1,300 employees in less than 18 months. The company is backed by some of the most prominent investors in healthcare and technology, including SoftBank, Goodwater, General Catalyst, Founders Fund, SignalFire, e.ventures, and 8VC.
Interested in learning more? Watch a mother detail her Elemy experience on NBC News, read Bloomberg’s take on our Series B, listen to Elemy CEO, Yury Yakubchyk, discuss destigmatizing mental health on Spotify, or check out why Dr. Henry Roane was awarded the highest award of its honor in ABA therapy, the American Psychological Association Nathan H. Azrin Distinguished Contribution to Applied Behavior Analysis Award. –
HIM & CDI Specialist at Elemy
We are looking for a Health Information Management and Clinical Data Integrity Specialist to join our growing Compliance team. As an HIM & CDI Specialist, reporting to the Director of Compliance, you will act as the liaison for the Health Information Management Department, Compliance, Revenue Cycle Management, and Clinical Operations & Quality. Directing the overall operations of the Health Information Management Department to ensure health record services are provided according to internal and external requirements or regulations by overseeing the medical record maintenance, which includes: Documentation, chart analysis, identity and chart corrections. Performing these duties in support of the organization’s mission to ensure the highest quality of patient care documentation in an economically sound and efficient manner.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for directing the activities of the Health Information Management Services Department in the management and maintenance of all patient medical records information.
- Oversee the release of medical information ensuring compliance with HIPAA, payor and regulatory audit and department policies and legal requirements. Responsible for maintaining organizational HIM activities in accordance with federal and state, organizational and department policies and procedures. Participates in the development of department goals, policies and procedures, and identification of performance and process improvements.
- Serve as a resource for HIM Operations, including chart completion, retention of medical records and release of medical information and HIPAA compliance.
- Facilitates patient requests for medical record amendments within required timeframes.
- Develops and oversees the release of information processes ensuring timely response to medical record requests, and compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Follow coding specificity guidelines using coding rules and guidelines.
- Reviews and verifies component parts of the medical records to ensure the accuracy of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures is complete and conforms to CMS coding rules and guidelines.
- Resolve coding and clinical documentation errors/ issues/problems by consulting with physicians, other Hospital departments, insurance companies, attorneys, and other additional avenues available to resolve the issue.
- Collaborates with team members when code assignment is not straightforward, or documentation is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes, utilizing departmental resources and processes.Providing face to face or virtual training to clinicians as requested.
- Maintains knowledge of Documentation Improvement practices, and the impact on coding. Coordinate and/or directs process improvement opportunities where appropriate.
- Participates in ongoing Documentation Improvement department processes and quality improvement measures.
Data Review and Analysis:
- Performs periodic quality reviews of documentation and coding.
- Analyzes results and provides summary feedback to individual clinicians, making recommendations for improvement by providing coding education.
- Enter data into tracking tools to store professional coding service data.
- Applies consistent coding practice standards when conducting chart reviews, using good judgment in preparing individualized recommendations for improvement
- Uses overall chart review data results to develop topics for future department training opportunities
- Utilize data to identify trends and patterns for focus of educational opportunities. Analyze findings and identify root cause analysis
- Responsible for timely, thorough data collection and coding compliance with regulatory agencies to include federal, state, and local entities
Who You Are
- Strong understanding of compliance with all state and federal laws, rules/regulations of licensing and standards for the quality of patient care.
- Associate of Science Degree in Health Information Technology or equivalent education or years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum Three (3) years of relevant experience with clinical and compliance medical record chart auditing and organization.
- HIM/CDI certification -preferred
At Elemy, we are a globally-distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the world, including in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face-to-face collaboration with a remote-friendly environment.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Elemy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.