Middle School Science Content Editor- Summer 2021
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and get them ready for the world of the future and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy Science educator with high school curriculum writing experience. Someone with deep knowledge of research-based curriculum approaches and effective assessment strategies.
- Develop detailed lesson plans based on curriculum maps, standards, and other specifications
- Design engaging and innovative lessons that leverage technology, research-based strategies, and best practices for online Science instruction
- Collaborate with the writing team to ensure the curriculum shares a common voice
- Develop formative and summative assessments that accurately monitor student progress
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as activities, projects, study guides, and teacher’s notes that align with the lessons
- Work collaboratively with fellow content writers to edit and improve lessons
What you will need:
- A US state certification in Science or Equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- 7+ years of teaching
- 3+ years of curriculum writing
- Must have taught in past 2 years
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Experience with popular edtech Physics applications (preferred)
- Availability between 8 am and 3 pm CST (work hours are flexible, but the ability to be online during this time is important)
- Availability of 20-25 hours per week
- 1099 Independent Short Term Contract role
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.