Virtual California-Qualified Bilingual Personal Injury Paralegal
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in personal injury law firms in the state of California. We are looking for someone who is an expert in personal injury litigation, speaks fluent Spanish, and is familiar with courts in California. If you have at least three years of personal injury paralegal experience, have previously assisted attorneys in California for at least three years, and are looking for a long-term, part-time virtual paralegal role, we want to hear from you!
The selected candidate will be working with an Equivity client who is a California-based law firm. The firm requires a paralegal familiar with total loss offers, property damage claims, filing claims, and ordering medical records from hospitals (including different departments such as the ER, physician’s offices, radiology records, etc.). In addition to requesting hospital records, you would also summarize the records, communicate with clients (including clients who speak only Spanish) and insurance companies, and prepare demand letters. You should be available for at least 20 hours/week.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Pacific Time) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $25 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience supporting attorneys in personal injury law firm(s)
- Experience with total loss offers, property damage claims, filing claims, ordering medical records, drafting medical records requests, drafting demand letters, summarizing medical records, and corresponding with clients and insurance companies
- Proficient in English and Spanish
- 3+ years of experience working as a paralegal in the state of California
- Paralegal certificate or documentary proof of paralegal qualification in California with up-to-date MCLE
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Expert proficiency with utilizing all programs within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience editing, bookmarking, and indexing PDFs
- Experience using cloud-based practice management software, preferably Clio or MyCase
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday (Pacific Time Zone)
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls
- Experience as a law firm office manager
- Experience specifically in pre-litigation paralegal work
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.