A Bit about Us
We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction. Our software, data engine, and business processes allow our globally distributed team to offer customers a user-friendly local experience. Over 7000 happy customers in the US have gotten professional, responsive end-to-end fence and concrete installation services. Our software powers a growing all-remote team of 400+ staff members, brought together by our shared values of being kind, investing in people, and being lean. You can read more about our all-remote company here: How Anyone Can Work for a Silicon Valley Start-Up
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in over 40 countries, with a 4.9 score and 98% recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er – g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Role and Objective
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Finance Analyst, will work closely with Growth, Sales, Construction and Ops to provide management with accurate financial information for decision making and process and analyze accounting data. As a new hire on a growing team, you will have the opportunity to build playbooks and processes at the ground level.
Preference given to candidates located in South and Central Americas.
- Manage account records, issue invoices, and handle payments
- Maintain financial reports, records and general ledger accounts
- Preparing journal entries, ad-hoc analysis and account reconciliations and assisting with the monthly close process
- Process and maintain documentation for accounts payable and purchasing
- Oversee the accounts receivable aging and assist the Accounts Receivable team with aged accounts
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements and assisting with external audits
- Provide insights for management into cost trends and analysis
- Communicate and resolve issues with company vendors
- Assist in preparing quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Keep records, document and update financial processes
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Strong accounting skills, with background in financial statement preparation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- 2-4 years of accounting/finance experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP Accounting or IFRS or similar
- Ability to create and continuously streamline accounting/finance processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and recommend opportunities for improvement including ability to build complex Excel models
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Nice to have
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP Accounting
- Prior experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar, and Bill.com