Java Web Developer – Mid Level – Remote
Exclamation Labs is growing! We are looking for an experienced Java Developer (3+ years experience) to join our team. You will work closely with our Lead Developer and Chief Technology Officer to create new functionality, develop enhancements to existing functionality, and maintain various Java applications and services for our clients. You will also debug and troubleshoot existing production systems and participate in project meetings, both internally and with our clients.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with, and contribute to, open-source software and other community projects. If you apply with us, you should thrive on being challenged by your work. You must be willing to think outside of traditional solutions and be ahead of the pack in learning new technologies. If this sounds appealing, we want to talk to you!
Salary $70,000 to $90,000 will be commensurate based on experience.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of common Java frameworks like Spring, Struts, Wicket or J2EE and Unit Testing frameworks such as JUnit, EasyMock, etc.
- Strong SQL Experience with various relational databases SQL Server, Postgres, etc. and common usage in a Java environment, hibernate, iBatis, etc.
- Some experience with front-end technologies such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol and SOAP/RESTful web service concepts
- Detailed knowledge of source control principles, Continuous Integration and build/dependency frameworks such as Maven or Gradle
- Attention to security in all of your work
It would be great if you have some of these:
- Understanding of and experience with Identity Access Management systems
- Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, OAuth and other authentication and authorization technologies
- Understanding of HIPAA and PCI compliance programs and application of OWASP best practices
- Understanding of regular expressions
- Interest in DevOps, including tooling and automation
- Experience with release management of enterprise applications
- Java, Agile, or other relevant certifications
- Experience as part of an Agile development team
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; Exclamation Labs is unable to sponsor work visas.
- Must be highly proficient in written and spoken English
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet all of the above criteria may be considered for the role, provided they have the necessary skills and experience. While preference will be given to individuals able to work in our Cumberland, MD office, remote work is available for exceptional candidates with prior remote work experience.
About Exclamation Labs
Our team’s capabilities range from the highly creative to the extremely technical. While we each have varying backgrounds, we all share one common characteristic — passion for the work we do. Headquartered in Cumberland, MD for 25 years, we have an extended network of experts on our team who work in a dozen states. We recognize the critical impact each employee makes to our success.
Exclamation Labs is a great place to work! We offer competitive salaries, an individualized networking and education budget, company-paid insurance benefits, optional dental and vision insurance for a low monthly cost, IRA plan with company match, and more. A relocation package or remote work are options for exceptional candidates.