Senior Corporate FP&A Analyst
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Analyst, FP&A
As a Senior Analyst, FP&A, you will be involved in financial planning, management reporting, and business partnering. You should be comfortable building models and presentations for the CFO, leadership team, investor relations, and the Board/Audit Committee. You will work closely with your peers on the Business Partnerships team to develop budgets/forecasts and play a key role in the monthly/quarterly financial reporting with your colleagues on the Accounting team. This role reports to the Manager, FP&A, and can be based remotely or in one of our offices in the United States (once it's safe to return to our offices).
What You'll Do
- Financial Planning: Maintain long-term model, annual budget, and quarterly forecasts that support our strategic and financial planning processes
- Management Reporting: Support monthly and quarterly close, consolidation, reporting, and analysis of financial results
- Key Performance Indicators: Generate cross-functional lagging/leading metrics that align execution with goals
- Business Analytics: Handle ad hoc analysis to support business decisions
- Investor Relations: Partner with IR for earnings calls and investor meetings
- Accounting: Partner with SEC reporting team on reporting of financial results
- Board/Audit Committee: Create content for Board/Audit Committee meetings
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a highly analytical role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for accuracy and telling clear stories with data
- Top-notch Excel/G-Sheets and Powerpoint/G-Slides skills are a must
- Experience or willingness to learn SQL or another data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, and Coupa is not necessary but helpful
- A positive attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond for your team and your partners
- Curious spirit, attention to detail, strong work ethic, team player, and get it done attitude
- Integrity with personal and confidential information
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $83,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.