Director Business Development
Do you love the hunt and win large enterprise deals? Do you like creating new relationships with prospective clients, partners, and industry groups? Do you consider yourself just as much a consultant as a salesperson? Are you interested in joining a friendly, enthusiastic team that will lift you up and work alongside you to score huge wins?
FFW, a premier digital agency is expanding the sales team and is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager dedicated to building our client base. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, has excellent communication skills, experienced in team pitches, and loves building relationships with people in the C-suite, VP-suite, or Director-level positions in marketing and IT.
This is a great opportunity for a field sales enthusiast who loves selling professional services. You’ll interact with customers across many different verticals, and you’ll spend most of your time talking with (and pitching to) marketing, IT, and other digital execs. We need a responsive, energetic, upbeat team player with a strong track record of building great business relationships and selling professional/digital services in a fast-paced environment.
Our dream candidate fits the following criteria:
- You are successful at following the sales process. You get excited about prospecting, researching, and identifying new client opportunities and sourcing new leads.
- Loves to work as part of a team to help our clients navigate complex issues. We want every project to end with a platform that rocks
- Your friends and family categorize you as being extremely persistent but they love you for it
- You’re a hunter, not a gatherer: You’re all about working in a collaborative team environment while tracking down new enterprise clients that are the right fit for FFW
- You love to tell stories and captivate audiences
- You’re prepared to travel around a large territory, sometimes at short notice*
- You’ve got experience with (and passion for) complex website platforms
- You have at least 5+ years of proven success selling professional services with a digital agency or web development company
- You’re experienced with building new business pipelines for services across a wide variety of industries
- You’ve got great communication skills and strong attention to detail: Writing proposals, building presentations, and knocking pitches out of the park is what you’re all about
- High standards for delivering customer service
- You love working from home and also traveling
In this role, your personal KPIs will include:
- Meeting (or exceeding!) individual sales target for your assigned territory and verticals
- Managing all levels of the sales lifecycle including prospecting, identification, qualification, and close. (You’ll log all this in Salesforce too.)
- Coordinating activities with and provide support to our VP of Sales
- Developing strong customer relationships
- Developing and execute the sales strategy with key partners
- Assessing the potential of a client and developing a strategy for winning their business
- Learning and maintaining in-depth knowledge of FFW’s services offerings, industry trends, and competition
- Developing and maintaining accurate forecasts
- You are motivated and disciplined in your daily sales and prospecting activities
Does this sound like you? Send your resume over. We’d love to chat.
*Note: Because of the high frequency of travel required by this role, our ideal candidate will live near a major travel hub. Due to Covid we are not traveling at the moment but expect to again in the future. Preference will be given to applicants in or around major cities with airports.
About the FFW Team
At FFW, we pride ourselves on the fact that so many of our clients are long-term accounts with repeat engagements. We’re not just vendors: We’re expert partners and digital advisors with a deep bench of some of the best technical talents in the world. Our people-focused culture means that we have a much lower turnover rate than other digital agencies, and when you join the FFW team, you join a group of people who will lend a hand, celebrate your wins, and leave heart-eye emoji comments on your pet pictures in Slack.