Senior Order Management Analyst
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
As a Senior Order Management Analyst, you will be a critical part of the Company’s billing and month-end close processes. As a member of a small finance team, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter who can work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. This role will report to the Director of Revenue Operations.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Ensure orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner with minimal order discrepancies between Salesforce & contracts, collaborating with Sales, Sales Ops, and RevOps teams as necessary
- Triage, resolve, and provide outstanding internal & external support on order management areas
- Collaborate with internal teams on automation and process enhancement projects, such as UAT testing
- Identify any non-standard contract term and collaborate with the Revenue Accounting team to ensure appropriate revenue recognition
- Assist in the annual audit and quarterly reviews, including AR walkthroughs and the preparation of PBCs
- Develop processes & create documentation library policies related to order management
- Oversee provisioning and ensure the timely delivery of product; serve as the point of escalation if there are any issues with delivery
- Participate in the development of metrics and system capabilities to better reconcile and report on global orders related data
- Participate in or manage ad-hoc projects
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years experience in order management
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS technology business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-skills, detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Netsuite
- Stripe and Salesforce experience a plus
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.