Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors – bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Forbes Top 50 Blockchain Companies
Figure Series D Announcement
Figure is looking for a highly motivated Senior Accountant with an eye for accuracy and a passion for blockchain technology. In this role, you will perform monthly accounting functions as well as help define critical processes accounting for transactions and fees occurring on the public blockchain network – Provenance. Ownership and pride in your work are key to being a part of a team that is changing the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity to work at a rapidly growing start up alongside some of the brightest minds and experienced leaders in the Fintech and blockchain space.
What you'll do
- Lead daily financial operations related to tracking and recording activity occurring on the Provenance blockchain, the underpinning technology for multiple financial products including loan origination, servicing, investment management, peer to peer payments and cap table management
- Execute accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process including journal entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations related to blockchain activities and digital tokens
- Prepare financial statements, analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Create and implement accounting policies and procedures related to blockchain technology and update as needed to be in compliance with GAAP and state-level regulations
- Assist in managing the external audit, including preparation of documentation and ongoing support
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems including the engineering department
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making
- Ad hoc projects as we scale
What We Look For
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 3+ years relevant work experience in an accounting function; tech startup experience and/or public accounting preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of blockchain economics – proof of stake structures and gas network fees
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills writing internal and external accounting documentation and proficiency in Excel
- CPA license or similar professional certification a plus
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgement, and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction and tight deadlines
- A flexible approach and ability to prioritize tasks with ambiguity in a startup environment
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.