E-Commerce Project Manager At Web Agency (Remote)
Overview of Role:
We’re a fully remote web development agency that is looking to expand the organization to include an experienced client facing Project Manager with a focus on our e-commerce clients. This person would act as a liaison between First + Third and our clients and their responsibilities would include: understanding the goals and requirements of a project, creating an execution plan and guiding it through to completion, and then testing and reporting on the outcome so that we don’t just say it’s done, but that it’s awesome.
At First + Third, it is our mission to outperform average agencies. We believe that when an agency only thinks about how to get a project done and not enough about the client’s goals, it becomes impossible for the project to be a success.
As an organization we are obsessed with helping our clients understand and achieve their objectives through thoughtful, well-executed web design and development. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best solution for each individual client and work tirelessly until the desired results are achieved.
As a team, we invest ourselves fully in meeting our client’s goals as if they were our own because when they succeed, we do too.
E-Commerce Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Day to day client relationship management – Our client relationships are incredibly important. As the main point of contact, the project manager will take project requests, work to understand the goals and objectives, and then create actionable and succinct tasks for the internal team to execute upon.
- Deliver on time and on budget – Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and scope while fostering strong relationships with clients – acting as the ‘customer advocate’ internally. This includes making sure projects are scoped and managed in extensive detail to mitigate risks and avoid scope-creep.
- Manage resource allocation – Manage and maintain project resource allocation for multiple projects.
- Lead the project across departments – Facilitate and manage the backlog, upcoming work, retrospectives and stand-ups.
- Develop project specifications – When new project or feature requests are made by a client, the project manager is expected to define the project specifications, work with the design team to develop the wireframes, and provide clear specifications to the development team. This requires thinking through the details and formulating a plan to get the job done.
- Assist with UAT for projects or features – Prior to the launch of any project, the project manager will help test the product in order to identify potential issues. While this role does not require development experience, the ideal candidate should be familiar enough with the web to understand when something is broken and have a general idea of which person on the team should fix it. Success in this role will require being familiar with the role and function of individual team members in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Testing and reporting on launched features – In an effort to bring value to our clients over the long term, the project manager will track, test, and report on products and features after they launch. This also includes A/B testing to iterate on existing sites and features.
- Document admin features and website functionality – We pride ourselves on developing sites that clients can manage themselves. The project manager would help us improve the way we explain and hand off project features, page specs, and admin information to clients. They would leverage the institutional knowledge within our team to create documentation of current and past projects for clients and internal team members to access.
- 4+ years experience as a project manager or related discipline.
- 4+ years experience working at a web agency or similar industry managing multiple clients at once
- 3+ years experience with e-commerce (ideally Shopify Plus)
- Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce a plus
- Experience working remotely
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills. Coordination between our team and clients is critical and being able to clearly convey updates and requirements is a must.
- Previous history creating and/or interpreting project specifications and wireframes for web development projects.
- A solid understanding of good UX and UI practices for websites.
- Experience with sourcing and interpreting website data. Comfortable navigating and utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Data Studio and/or A/B tests to measure success, identify potential issues, and define opportunities for growth.
- Familiar with web development. Being a coder is not expected, but having a general knowledge of web development is helpful given the technical nature of our work.
The ideal candidate will possess these key characteristics:
- Reliable: Be able to manage time well, so that teammates can count on one another to do what they said they would do each day, communicating quickly if it is not going to be possible.
- Curious, Critical Thinker: Be able to ask thorough questions in order to understand the goals, objectives, and future implications of every project while also thinking critically about how each individual’s tasks relate to and affect the project as a whole.
- Relentless: Be relentless in the pursuit of the client’s goals, never failing to ask yourself if this is your best work and the best possible solution for the client.
- Nimble: Can shift easily between multiple projects, changing gears and managing several priorities at once.
- Sense of Ownership: Treats each project as their own and is invested in its success.
- Problem Solver: When presented with a problem or challenge, you take it upon yourself to find a solution.
- Accountable: As a part of a wholly remote team, you are a self starter that is able to stay on task and hold yourself accountable to meeting deadlines without being micromanaged.
Benefits for you:
- Health Insurance coverage with employer contributions (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Unlimited vacation + standard US holidays off
- Profit sharing program
- Internet bill reimbursement
More about First + Third
First + Third is an agency deeply committed to helping leaders understand and achieve business goals through thoughtful, well executed, and expertly managed web design and development. With over 20 years of experience, we have had the privilege of working with organizations such as LeanIn.Org, Facebook, Billboard Music, Girls Who Code, Soylent, Opte, and The Hollywood Reporter to name a few. We are proud to be a WordPress VIP and Shopify Plus partner.