Sr. DevOps Engineer (AWS, Node.js, Python, RoR)
At Flylance, we have fun doing what we love by providing superb experience, speed, quality, and cost. We empower our Flylancers to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we provide incredible service and experiences that empower us to think outside the box.
Check us out at www.flylance.com
We have a unique opportunity to join a growing financial services firm as a DevOps engineer. The candidate will provide support to Linux-based servers and developers supporting our primary web platform. The candidate will work closely with the infrastructure team, consultants, and senior leadership. Regular duties will include systems analysis, advanced troubleshooting, monitoring, performance improvements, disaster recovery, release assistance, and improved scalability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Linux server management and support including system setup, upgrades
- Linux server configuration changes
- Creation of automated processes by use of scripting (Python, Bash, Pearl Scripting)
- Creation and maintenance of production, staging, and dev environments using tools such as Terraform / Chef
- Documentation of systems and planning using tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Management of system entitlements across multiple systems
- Support CI/CD pipeline to deploy services written for NodeJS and Ruby/Rails
- Application release support and testing using Rundeck
- Provides systematic troubleshooting on advanced technical problems including situational awareness in regards to the impact on business activity.
- Coordination with the infrastructure team on implementing system upgrades and changes
- Coordination with the security team implementing security best practices
- DNS management and improvement
- Management of disaster recovery processes and procedures
- Coordinates or execute approved programming and equipment changes. This may include moves, adds, and user changes.
- Remains on call for emergencies and willing to work extended hours, if necessary, to meet deadlines
- Supports Company Mission and Corporate Values
- Completes various projects and other duties as assigned by the manager.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a comparable role.
- Two or more years of experience working in a customer service-focused environment.
- Must have the ability to self-manage and have strong organizational skills and follow-through for timely customer response.
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to interact technically with department staff.