Director of Academics, Web Development
Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for web development and cybersecurity training based in New York City. Fullstack offers comprehensive in-person and remote training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
“Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience” is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Director of Academics, Web Development at Fullstack Academy, you will own the development, execution, and maintenance of Fullstack’s web development curricula across all of Fullstack Academy’s core and university partner programs. You’ll also lead a web academic team, delivering coaching and professional development to instructors and teaching assistants. You’ll bring market research, competitive intelligence, and a pedagogical perspective in order to design curriculum and execute processes that will consistently scale across a portfolio of courses.
This role is remote and collaborates with our Fullstack Academy headquarters in New York, and instructors based across the United States. Travel to New York or other locations in the U.S. will be required 2-3 times per quarter.
In this role, you will:
- Own the design and execution of of Fullstack Academy’s web development curricula, across a variety of products
- Create and maintain instructor-facing training and curriculum materials
- Recruit and train instructional staff
- Evaluate web development technology trends and assess relevance to curriculum planning
- Coach and lead best-in-class instructional team by instilling clear philosophy on STEM pedagogy and classroom best practices
- Partner with internal stakeholders, including Career Success, Admissions, and Marketing, to ensure program offerings are aligned with the best possible student outcomes.
- Create assessments for instructional roles and aid in assessing applicants and team members in these positions
- This role will be accountable for the following key performance indicators:
- Student retention rates and satisfaction scores
- Instructional staff engagement & retention rates
- Academic success rates and graduation rates of students
You are a great fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience managing software developers, instructors, or similar positions
- 2+ years of instructional experience (teaching or developing content) for STEM topics
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Worked in a fast growth organization
- A love of education, immersive bootcamps, and a passion for creating curriculum that will grow the careers of a diverse new generation of software engineering professionals
You are an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- Experience teaching at technology bootcamps
- A BA/BS in Computer Science