Editor in Chief (Content Quality)
At Future, we have a wealth of admired brands that few companies can rival. With names such as TechRadar, Tom’s Guide, Cycling News, Marie Claire, Homes & Gardens, Louder & Country Life, there’s a rich legacy of character and outstanding brands to promote. We rely on passionate, driven editorial directors to shape these brands and ensure their future success. Whether you’re involved in auditing brand content, developing fresh approaches to existing content, tapping into a new generation of consumers or delving into content insights that spark the next big content innovation, there are a huge variety of challenges in this role. This role demands resilience, analytical thinking and creativity to deliver content excellence that does justice to the quality of our brands. Ambition, hard work and character are everything to us at Future. We’re looking for the bold, daring and pioneering spirit that will sustain us into our exciting future. If you share our sense of adventure, you’ll thrive here.
This role is designed to ensure that all Future editorial teams follow best practice, that content is regularly audited and that agreed workflow processes are followed across all platforms. There is a requirement for this role to lead and identify what constitutes best practice in conjunction with Audience & Editorial Ops.
A core component of the role is engagement with the cadre of EICs across the company to examine internal and external examples of content development and distilling observations into easily understood directives and/or training via the Creative Forum. The delivery of this training, again in conjunction with Audience & Ed Ops, is a requirement.
- The EIC (Quality) will bring focus & rigor to the development of a quality assurance programme across all editorial areas to ensure best practice is both defined and followed in order to deliver in-year and future performance ambitions.
- Proactively defines and communicates best practice to enable the creation and execution of outstanding content audit approaches and initiatives to embed this best practice by sharing content insight with EICs and the broader editorial estate
- Ensures best practice insight is translated to clear opportunities for editorial
- In partnership with Audience, create a sustainable and vibrant editorial content quality assurance programme across the editorial teams by continually bringing best practice to life & auditing content outputs
- Provide leadership, insight & key learnings across the company, e.g. by measuring and evaluating previous content approaches, to providing content insight and inspiration, to facilitating workshops, to leading the editorial (& commercial teams) with an objective opinion on what constitutes editorial quality
- Strong digital editorial understanding
- Fluency in Future’s proprietary technology
- Good analytical skills
- Background in print & digital publishing
- Ability to influence & lead
- Proven presentation & training ability
- Understanding of the content creation process
- Possess a keen curiosity in all things content
- Ability to helicopter above challenges/problems and see the bigger picture
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.