Finance Editor (Part-time)
Can you condense the day’s most important news into a roundup of two-sentence summaries? Can you work with association and corporate clients to deliver quality newsletters that keep their industries informed? Can you meet multiple daily deadlines?
Then you’re the person for us!
SmartBrief is seeking a part-time finance editor for daily email newsletters covering global financial news. Candidates would need to be available to work between 8am to noon GMT Monday through Friday.
What we’re looking for: Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment. The ideal candidate has worked as a finance writer or editor for a newspaper, trade journal or industry publication with multiple daily deadlines. Candidates with experience in corporate communications at a financial-services firm will also be considered. Knowledge of industry trends and global financial regulatory reform initiatives are a HUGE plus. Our briefs summarize the top stories of the day for dozens of industry associations, and our editors work with freelancers to shape that content. Topics include — but are not limited to — capital markets, banking, asset management, swaps and derivatives.
Applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing test.
This position is a telecommuting position.
Your role will involve :
- Identify news stories for inclusion in SmartBrief’s finance and business newsletters.
- Edit news summaries for grammar, style and tone for a particular audience.
- Use online publishing tools to create email newsletters and other content.
- Search for relevant finance news and write concise summaries for a professional audience.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as freelance writers and other content providers.
- Proven writing and editing skills. Alternative: Three to five years of experience in a communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group.
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately on deadline.
- Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information on the Web.
- Facility for using online publishing tools.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven record of sharing responsibilities and managing multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues