Head of Information Technology (IT)
Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Director who understands how to work in a SaaS-driven, primarily Mac-based environment, who is comfortable leading a global team and working with stakeholders across various departments. You will be leading our IT Team and will focus on driving the accessibility and availability of the various cloud-based applications we use, in house applications we have developed and supporting global campus needs. You will be responsible for executing on a robust IT roadmap focused on implementation of enterprise solutions and tools across the organization and you will be a strong partner with Product Management and Product Engineering in the implementation of tools that have both customer and internal stakeholder requirements. You should have a strong working knowledge of building vendor relationships, managing contracts and budget planning to excel in this role. You will also develop and be an escalation point for our global Help Desk team. This role reports into the Product organization, directly to the VP of Technology.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing and supporting IT in a global organization
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience managing office build-outs and expansions
Strong working knowledge of the following
- LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, VPN principles and specifically managing them on a Meraki and Palo Alto systems
- IDP, LDAP, SSO, SAML (Okta)
- MDM (JAMF) and Apple Business Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory and InTune
- Information Security Best Practices
- End user and internal documentation standards
- Modern A/V standards
- G-Suite Administration
- EDR and Email Security (Carbon Black & Proofpoint)
- Vendor, budget, and contract management
- Manage and scale IT Support team/function within GA
- Cultivate and manage relationships with Campus Operational leads
- Engineer support standards (SLA’s) and guidelines for Campus/Corporate operations
- Work closely with leadership to identify business critical issues and help implement solutions
- Build and manage vendor relationships
- Work with Network and A/V Engineering contractors to ensure optimal performance across Campus and Corporate locations
- Grow and train a small team of Campus IT Support Associates
- Manage IT related budget/spend