Getro is looking for a Technical Recruiter to work with our hiring managers to source, screen, and support us in creating an amazing candidate experience. This team member would form part of our core team (first 20 employees), and help us scale the team 2X over the next 9 months.
About You, as an expert:
- 5+ year’s experience with min 2 years hiring for technical roles, especially engineers and product managers (we work with Ruby on the backend, React on the front)
- Experience hiring in both the US and international markets – we hire from PST to CET
- This is an execution role, you’re a do-er as well as a thinker
- We also value, but don’t require experience in hiring in non technical roles, onboarding, culture, employee wellbeing, performance management systems
About You, as a person:
- You are highly driven and proactive – you make things happen
- You practice committed ownership – you own your projects from beginning to end, you ask for buy-in to make better decisions, but aren’t paralyzed without it. When things go wrong, you accept accountability for your part without blaming others, and share your learnings openly
- You are detail & process oriented
- You are a proactive communicator and team player
- You live between the PST and CEST time zones
72 Hours in Your Life:
- Using Greenhouse to check in on the status and health of our open roles
- Interviewing a hiring manager to help scope a new role and write a job description
- Spending time on LinkedIn sourcing exceptional candidates
- Strategy meeting with our Director of Operations to reevaluate the strategy on roles where our pipeline is too weak, and to green light new job boards & media platforms to share open roles
- Kick off meeting with a hiring manager to decide the technical requirements, interview process, and ownership of each step
- 4 interviews with Engineering candidates & an SDR to help us reach our hiring goals before the end of the quarter (10 hires left to go! …with you 9 )
- Emailing candidates to let them know next steps and feedback
- Performing a reference check to clarify a concern we had in a decision meeting
- Preparing offer letters and employment agreements for candidates we want to hire
- Updating our Employee Handbook with feedback from a new hire
- Much more to come… if you’re excited about it
- 100% remote, 100% flexible
- Competitive compensation
- Generous Employee Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation
- Unique culture: humans first, unicorn dreams second
- Healthcare & coworking allowance
- Leadership opportunity to impact the company direction as one of the first 20 employees
We envision a world where it's fun, easy, and rewarding to help each other reach professional goals.
That’s nice, what do you do, though?
We have two products:
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates jobs across a network of companies;
- GetroNetwork, which allows talent (active and passive job seekers) and companies to connect with one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
Together our products provide all the quality that comes from a referral vs hundreds of faceless Linkedin profiles, with a UX that is built for employers, not recruiters, and doing away with all of the emailing, calls, and reminders that usually go into a referral request.
We help 400+ independent professional networks — including venture capital funds (Kleiner Perkins), accelerators (TechStars), membership communities (Women 2.0), economic development organizations (Techleap.nl), universities (University of Toronto), and more — make better introductions for their members, measure the outcomes of their intros, and in some cases, make money.
Pre-Series A & proud:
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the 'last 10 years. They’ve seen some things.
- Remote-first company, from 2018 (before covid)
- 16 team members across 7 countries
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in person at company Summits (before the pandemic: Germany, Cape Town, San Fran…)
How we work:
We're ambitious, but realistic – we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder – we don't value presentee-ism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words – they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.