Bilingual Behavioral Health Coach (Spanish/English) – Nationwide
Currently, we are not actively screening applications or interviewing for this role at this time but needs shift quickly so we always welcome applications. Although you may not hear from us right away, we will be sure to reach out when interviewing recommences if your background is a good fit for the needs of the role. In the meantime, please follow us on Instagram @carebyginger to keep up with Ginger news and updates.
Ginger is a behavioral health system, offering emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Ginger is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
We have a fast-paced environment and we are learning and evolving quickly so we can provide the best support possible to our members. This requires you to be adaptable, flexible, and friendly to a growth mindset. Our culture is extremely supportive, passionate and committed. We’re willing to go above and beyond to reach our goals, to step in and help each other out across all teams, and to give and receive feedback graciously.
As a Ginger Coach, you play an instrumental role in making the Ginger mission a reality! You will help people adapt to living healthier lives by discovering their personal strengths, motivations, and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors. Coaches have regular touchpoints w/ their members to assist them in constructing attainable goals, offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate on-going progress.
Coaches are an integral part of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical and/or coaching experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to a higher level of care, such as Therapy and/or Psychiatry, or other internal or external resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce progress, as appropriate.
Ginger coaching is delivered entirely through text-based-chat within the Ginger app. This means as a Ginger coach you’ll be providing services through the use of a computer and with a strong ability to translate your skillset into writing. In addition to coaching our members, you’ll also take advantage of weekly team meetings and process groups, as well as 1:1 supervision. As an integral part of Ginger, you’ll be invited to participate in a bi-annual company event to foster growth, enhance your skills and work side by side with your colleagues to fulfill the mission of our company.
Ginger coaches are ready to be part of a community working collaboratively to bring greater mental health access to the world.
- We provide 24/7 support to our members, this means coaches are assigned to work up to 5 holidays per year.
- We are unable to hire licensed clinicians for this role or individuals 12 months from receiving licensure. Additionally, we are also unable to provide any type of clinical supervision towards licensure.
- We are unable to employ candidates residing outside of the US.
- Ginger is expanding its services offering to support Spanish-speaking members and is bringing on bilingual Spanish and English speaking coaches. This is a full-time, W2 role and will require bilingual coaches to provide text-based coaching to members in both Spanish and English, depending on member demand and scheduling. Although bilingual coaches are being hired to support the Spanish Program, due to high demand, they will be called on to provide regular coaching to our English- speaking general audience as well.
- Carry a full, active caseload of members and complete intakes of new members
- Attend and respond to multiple tasks, situations and responsibilities simultaneously throughout your shift
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and paperwork (I.e. assessments, care plans, daily notes and other required paperwork)
- Excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Work with member's Clinical Team to collaborate on their care plan
- Coaching support around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career
- Assess risk in the moment with members using the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS), taking the appropriate next steps and escalating care as needed.
As a Ginger Coach, You–
- Excel at empathetic listening, building strong rapport through text-based chat, and providing compassionate support throughout the process of personal growth
- Have the ability to create a sense of warmth, openness, and calmness through text-based chat
- Have the ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills with colleagues
- Are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity, novel situations and change
- Are a strong critical and creative thinker
- Are comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Are a culturally responsive provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- Are able to remain calm under pressure and multi-task when necessary
- Are resilient
As a Ginger Behavioral Health Coach who supports our Spanish Services Program, you are required to demonstrate Spanish writing proficiency at the following level:
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts
- Can recognize and respond to implicit meaning in text/ chat form
- Express ideas without too much searching for vocabulary or expressions
- Effectively use the language for social, coaching and professional situations
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, 6 months of which must have occurred with direct supervision, under a qualified, credentialed or licensed supervisor.
- MA degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program (as approved by the NBC-HWC)
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc.
- Fluency in Google Suite
Preferred but not required
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
- Have worked with a text-based platform providing care in the past
We are currently considering applicants for the following shifts. (Please note our Full-Time Coaches work 4 days a week/10 hours per day):
- B2: Saturdays: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 2pm – 12am PT (5pm – 3am ET)
- B3: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 2pm – 12am PT (5pm – 3am ET)
- C1: Wednesday & Thursday 2pm – 12am PT (5pm – 3am ET)
Saturday & Sunday 6am – 4pm PT (9am – 7pm ET)
- C2: Monday & Tuesday 2pm – 12am PT (5pm – 3am ET)
Saturday & Sunday 6am – 4pm PT (9am – 7pm ET)
- D1: Wednesday through Saturday 10pm – 8am PT (1am – 11am ET)
- D2: Sunday through Wednesday 10pm – 8am PT (1am – 11am ET)
Currently, we are not actively screening applications or interviewing for this role at this time but needs shift quickly so we always welcome applications. Although you may not hear from us right away, we will be sure to reach out when interviewing recomences if your background is a good fit for the needs of the role. In the meantime, please follow us on Instagram @carebyginger to keep up with Ginger news and updates.