Business System Analyst (BSA)
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners. Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
Role & Responsibilities
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be a key member of the technical team responsible for utilizing Ginger IT systems to help achieve strategic business goals. The BSA would design and develop new systems by configuring new software, or use existing systems in new ways to accomplish additional or different outcomes.
The BSA would help identify time-consuming internal processes and help build solutions that are reliable and scalable to work within the size and scope of the company. This role would listen to and translate the business requirements at Ginger into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Ginger executives to ensure smooth implementation. As a Business Systems Analyst, this individual would provide a scalable, secure, and highly performant technology platform with technical and operational excellence.
This individual will also work closely with the engineering, product, customer success and sales teams, as well as internal and external auditors to promote security and compliance best practices. The position will also act as an analyst resource across the larger organization and external partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Consulting closely with management, employees and contractors to determine the needs of the systems and workflows.
- Designing a system and process to meet the business goals by specifying inputs and formatting outputs to meet the requirements of Ginger personnel.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops. Perform gap analysis of the as-is functionality versus to-be functionality. Develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow.
- Participate in end-to-end activities related to implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management.
- Oversee implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance. Plan and participate in User Acceptance Testing and recommend improvements.
- Help improve the security and privacy practices at Ginger.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, MIS or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Business Systems Analyst with verifiable experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Understanding of ERP System with working knowledge in one of SAP, Oracle Fusion, Netsuite or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Working knowledge of main business applications families such as Financials, Procurement, Expenses, HRMS, Manufacturing & Distribution, CRM, Marketing Automation, Datawarehouse and Business Intelligence.
- Familiarity with basic end-to-end business scenarios such as Procure-to-pay, Order-to-cash, Yes-to-desk, Acquire-to-retire, etc.
- Passion for technology and new ideas to improve the way people work using our products and the possibilities that come from building excellent user experiences.
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects.
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects with a geographically distributed team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Certificate Program in Business Analysis
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA)
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)