Product Manager – Billing
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners. Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
We're looking for a Product Manager to join our Care Product Management team. We’re building Care Platforms with the goal to build the best in class tools for mental health professionals. This role is critical to the success of the care products by helping us automate critical financial workflows such as clinical billing to help us scale and make mental healthcare more accessible for our members.
You will define clinician workflows to collect accurate data for filing medical claims; own the product updates to set up billing for new health plans and partnerships; and streamline member experience for collecting cost shares.
About the role
We're looking for a Product Manager to collaborate with our cross-functional teams to build scalable systems that ensure the growth and success of Ginger’s clinical billing systems. This role’s mission is to enable clinical revenue recognition and the launch of Ginger’s new clients and partners. You will build the tools necessary to manage the entire revenue cycle, from verifying eligibility to generating claims for clients and streamlining the member experience for collecting cost shares. In addition to enabling reimbursement for Ginger’s offerings, this role will also work to automate the Revenue Cycle function wherever possible.
You will use your healthcare experience to both improve current features and scope future projects across a variety of internal and external platforms. These platforms interface with numerous stakeholders including coaches, clinicians, billing, Member Support, client operations, and – most importantly – Ginger members.
This individual will be a strong cross-functional collaborator, execution-oriented project manager, and possessor of healthcare billing practice knowledge. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, passionate about building and automating internal tools.
- Partner with the billing team to align on a product vision, strategy, and roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Align on and prioritize both the long-term roadmap and short-term quarterly roadmaps.
- Manage the roadmap and backlog, refine feature ideas, and update existing features to drive business goals.
- Simplify ambitious projects and clarify ambiguous requests into scoped, actionable requirements.
- Translate stakeholder needs and requests into well-defined features shippable by engineers.
- Ability to review business needs from a revenue-generating standpoint and reprioritize stakeholder requests accordingly.
- Analyze, track and report on success metrics to cross-functional teams.
- Develop project plans and status reports to monitor projects. Plan and track project timelines and communicate any risks.
- Find ways to reduce administrative burden and enable automation for maximum scalability.
- Create documentation and flowcharts on product functionality for stakeholders.
- Partner with the billing team to deliver solutions across Ginger’s revenue cycle.
- Identify and troubleshoot software-related billing issues.
- Scope and map interfaces between internal and external software.
- Partner with external vendors: build and maintain the relationships to execute technical projects successfully and timely.
- 2+ years healthcare experience, with strong preference for Revenue Cycle Management experience.
- Proven track record of optimizing and improving revenue cycle processes.
- Working knowledge of healthcare software, HIPAA, payer constraints, and billing workflows. Technical knowledge of revenue cycle applications preferred.
- Technical acumen to collaborate with external platform partners and drive API integrations.
- Comfortable staying agile in high-growth environments; creative problem solver who can utilize off-the-shelf tools (e.g. Google suite, looker).
- Comfortable analyzing large datasets to deliver insights and identify streamlined workflows.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate findings/insights clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated project management skills, leading teams of diverse stakeholders.
- Passionate advocate for Gingers’ members.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with healthcare interoperability standards such as HL7 and standard transaction types such as X12.
- Knowledge of behavioral healthcare billing practices.
- Experience in digital health.
- Experience in B2B2C healthcare.
- Experience building APIs with external partners and/or platforms.
- Experience working with external vendors.