General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accounting team are responsible for providing timely and accurate month end close financials, that are GAAP compliant.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations for cash, prepaids, accruals, inter-company, fixed assets and various other accounts
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Assist and or reconcile bank statements as needed
- Ensure proper accounting policies and principles are followed in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in project implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Ensure compliance of internal controls as related to SOX
- Assist in quarterly reviews and annual audit with external auditors
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Provide backup support to the accounts payable team as needed
- Provide backup support to the reporting, FPA, and operations as needed
- Understand how to perform a flux analysis for month end that summarizes and tells the “story” of the activity.
- Understand the activity for 2 of the 5 areas of the company organization (Marketing, G&A, R&D, Sales, COS) and the related month end accounting processes.
- Ensure compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility, as applicable.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Provid account detail and support and explain variances to internal stakeholders.
- Work with and support the accounting team in day-to-day activities, special projects, and workflow process improvements
- Support overall department goals and objectives.
- Work with operations and other areas to ensure accruals are properly captured
- Assist with other accounting projects
- 3-5 years experience public accounting experience preferred, or working toward a CPA
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles and financial statements
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Must have experience with a large ERP system, Netsuite is a plus
- Proficient with excel and google sheets
- Software Company Experience preferred
- International experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.