MySQL Database Administrator (DBA)
Why just have a job when you can live your Purpose? We are Givelify, a minority-owned FinTech-for-Good company that uses human-centered design, jobs-to-be-done, & data to create experiences that inspire kindness & generosity and celebrate putting more good into the world. In fact, Givelify’s mobile giving app consistently leads the App Store and Google Play in downloads, reviews and 5-star ratings amongst all giving apps. More than 1 million donors and 50,000 non-profits trust Givelify for inspiring kindness, generating nearly $2 Billion in generosity.
We seek a DBA to join our virtual team. If you’re an engineer that analyzes the needs of an organization and produce an effective database system according to their needs and specifications, which includes collecting data, analyzing the data, designing algorithms, drawing flowcharts, and implementing code for the logic developed through the algorithms and flowcharts, and is looking for a challenge of scaling product success at a high performing Fintech-for-Good company sounds exciting, we would love to connect with you!
You’ll get to:
- The Database engineer will build and maintain databases to ensure smooth and efficient performance
- Design database systems. Database Developers' main responsibility is to analyze the needs of an organization and produce an effective database system according to their needs and specifications. This includes collecting data, analyzing the data, designing algorithms, drawing flowcharts and implementing code for the logic developed through the algorithms and flowcharts.
- Design, Analyze and Implement highly available and scalable architectures in dynamic, fast growing environments and databases in AWS Cloud environments.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and implement projects that requires new DB implementations or evaluate current database changes (schemas, resources, etc.)
- Export and import data, scrub large volumes of data extracted from the organization databases.
- Work with product and cross-functional team, including software engineers and IT specialists to set up, maintain and monitor data networks
- Ensuring that the database operates efficiently and without error such as: timeouts, connections, availability, access, locks, identify long running queries etc.
- Establish Database Disaster Recovery Protocols Design data backup and recovery procedures according to business SLO
- Develop database documentation. As a database is developed, the database administrator must write documentation about the system and put together an operational manual. The documentation must include information regarding changes or improvements to the database as they are implemented.
- Making and testing modifications to the database structure when needed
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Managing permissions according to organization standards: creating and updating user permissions, auditing and monitoring.
- Maintaining the database using AWS console and CLI, identify issues with logs, use parameters groups,
- Build a consistent, repeatable and reliable continuous delivery of change to the database.
- Monitoring the performance of hardware and software
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
You should bring mad skills & experience:
- Education: BA/BS (MS Preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field (STEM)
- 10 + years' experience with DB administration for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite DBs, including:
- analyzing the needs of an organization and produce an effective database system according to their needs and specifications.
- build and maintain high availability solutions and fast recovery times.
- Running performance testing procedures to ensure the proper operations of a database
- Provision databases resources with terraform in cloud-based environments.
- 10+ Years with creating and using ETL or data management scripts to efficiently import data, export data and scrub large volumes of data extracted from various system.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with database instances, DR, replication & backups and eliminating root causes thru systematic problem management practices
- 10+ years with DB security practices, auditing and managing access experience
- 3+ years’ experience with ProxySQL.
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS and CI/CD pipeline integrations.
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Extensive knowledge DB and Linux shell and Python scripting
- Build and main Monitoring Dashboard and Alerts for the performance of hardware and software
- Familiarity with database management best practices
- Expert knowledge of IT security best practices
- Experience managing distributed data stores
- Impeccable attention to detail, write and maintain documentation for databases activities.
- Plus: Ansible
Plus These Superpowers:
- Integrity–Demonstrates congruence in thought, speech, and action. Can be trusted to act with courage and to do the right thing.
- Collaboration-Fosters productive relationships; values others' opinions, shows appreciation, and seeks to understand difference perspectives.
- Customer Focus-Adopts a human-centric approach that meets or anticipates customers' need when developing solutions.
- Drive for Results-Can be relied upon to be resourceful & tenacious in achieving key desired results.
- Effective Communication-Communicates frequently using clarity and appropriate methods/tools of communication.
- Problem-Solving-Is resourceful and creative in solving complex issues. Uses sound judgement, data, and collaboration.
Our People & Culture
We are a virtual team of high-performing professionals who innovate & collaborate to fulfill our mission to help people instantly find causes that inspire them to action so they can change the world – one simple, joyful gift at a time. Our culture of integrity, heart, simplicity, & that “wow” factor fuel our aspiration to be recognized amongst the tech industry’s most inclusive & purpose-driven workplaces.
We take great pride in providing competitive pay, full benefits, amazing perks (including flexible PTO), and most importantly, the opportunity to put passion & purpose to work.