WordPress Full Stack Web Developer
At Gradle Inc. our mission is to transform how software is built and shipped. Our technology helps companies to develop their software significantly faster and more reliably. We are the company behind the Gradle Build Tool, one of the Top 20 Most Popular Open Source Projects for IT used by millions of Android and Java developers.
Our commercial product, Gradle Enterprise, has set new standards in software development and is used at companies like LinkedIn, Google, Netflix, SAP, and most valuable technology and Global 1000 companies from around the world. As such, Gradle is one of the fastest growing start-up ventures based in Silicon Valley.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled WordPress Full Stack Web Developer who is experienced in owning back-end and front-end development for a growing SaaS company. Our website runs on WordPress and all candidates should be very familiar with working on all aspects of this ecosystem.
This is a strong startup environment and you need to be excited to own and drive efficiency for our web property. We would like someone who is proactive in monitoring the website and be able to make adjustments as needed. This role will produce front-end pages from designs, create new page templates, optimize site speed, performance, security and reliability, own server and hosting optimization and source/recommended plugins as needed.
- Collaborate with product marketing, designers and content development teams to implement website requests
- Execute page development from finalized designs
- Make updates and edits to existing pages
- Ability to create and leverage templates for landing pages, launch new microsites, and implement modern front-end web experience practices
- Achieving effective responsive design throughout our web properties
- Optimize site performance and speed
- Maintain security and back-ups for our website
- On-going review and maintenance of the WordPress Instance (core, plugins, etc.) implementing updates
- Research, recommend and source plugin solutions for our web domains
- Implement technical SEO requirements
- 7-10+ years of web development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with WordPress and Website Hosting, including custom themes, page template designs, development, and deployment.
- Experience working with teams to implement Google tag manager, Google Analytics and marketing attribution best practices.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English.
- Experience implementing site personalization via pardot, and google optimize
- Experience improving / maintaining web accessibility standards
- Familiarity with Pardot (marketing automation tools) as it relates to web forms and lead capture to ensure proper lead flow from website to CRM
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn in a scaling startup environment
What we offer
- Close collaboration with remote colleagues distributed across the globe
- Attractive compensation and benefits package
- Ability to learn and grow as part of a scaling team/company
- Remote USA
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume and describe why you believe you'd be a great addition to the team
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace with a global multicultural team that learns from and respects each other. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion forward by investing resources in company-wide inclusion training, improving recruitment processes and contributing to groups that are committed to advancing racial/social justice and equality.
Gradle is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions. Visit Glassdoor to read what current and former Gradle employees have to say about the company.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.