What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is looking for a Senior Accountant who can be a key contributor in a high-energy finance department. They will be an accountable (pun-intended) team player. This is a full-time remote position reporting to the Controller.
What’s the job?
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the accounts payable function
- Manage accounts payable, corporate credit card program and employee expense reimbursements
- Provide assistance to employees in completing their expense reports
- Review and approve coding of employee expense reports
- Accurately enter all payables invoices into Oracle and manage the invoice approval process
- Be the main point of contact regarding A/P invoices and payments to vendors
- Assist in payroll processing and responsible for all payroll journal entries
- Maintain fixed and intangible asset accounting
- Perform and maintain some balance sheet reconciliations during month-end close
- Provide proper record-keeping for other various audits that may come up (IRS, 401k) and other potential requestors like tax returns and provision
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
What we'll love about you
- Detailed oriented and willing to roll up the sleeves to get things done
- Flexible and resourceful enough to deal with urgent requests, and sudden and unexpected issues come up from time to time
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, experience in Oracle Fusion is a plus.
- Ability to systematically organize and prioritize multiple activities and/or projects to meet competing deadlines
- Sufficient understanding of GAAP
- Experience with Capitalized software
- Bachelor's degree (accounting, business, or finance major preferred)
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Minimum 6 years of accounting experience, preferably includes accounts payable, payroll and asset accounting.
- CPA certification
- Public Accounting Experience
What you'll love about us
- High-growth company – plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, and Taipei, though the company is set-up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set-up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all full-time employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance. Generous 401(k) match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.