Manager, Technical Recruiting
Gusto is looking for a Recruiting Manager to help scale our Technical Recruiting efforts.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re looking for a collaborative and exceptional leader to grow and scale our Technical Recruiting team. As part of Gusto’s Recruiting team, you will lead and innovate full-cycle hiring across our product engineering groups. You will be responsible for continuing to build our engineering recruiting strategy, including managing a new approach to the candidate pipeline, building an engineering-specific hiring committee, candidate engagement and assessment and DEI strategy.
Gusto’s Invite (Recruiting) team is a high-performing group of experienced recruiters with experience in recruiting across many industries and functions. Our team is distributed across the United States, with significant nodes in or near our home bases of San Francisco, Denver, and New York City.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage, coach and grow a high performing team of technical recruiters and sourcers
- Partner closely with business partners to understand their hiring objectives and develop recruiting strategies to hit headcount goals
- Partner with key stakeholders to determine future talent needs and drive sourcing and closing strategies
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a tracking process to measure and manage progress
- Continue to build and iterate on our process as we transition our engineering recruiting process from req-based management and implement a pipeline-based recruiting strategy
- Partner with stakeholders and cross-functional partners to continue to build and iterate on our DEI strategy
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives related to hiring
Here’s what we're looking for:
- At least 1 year leading or managing a team of 3+ recruiters and/or sourcers
- Ability to motivate, inspire and instill trust in a team of high performers
- 5-8 years of experience in full-cycle technical recruiting with a focus on Engineering recruiting
- Experience recruiting inside of a single unified pipeline model
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion advocate with experience building diverse teams
- Flexible and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world
- Bold and self-aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people with whom you work
- Experience transforming a recruiting process from req-by-req hiring to a single unified pipeline model
Our cash compensation range for this role is $105,000/yr to $161,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $128,000/yr to $190,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ** Redacted **.