Account Manager – Remote
For over ten years, HappyFunCorp has been helping businesses develop great products and deliver technical solutions with a blend of strong engineering skills, human-focused design, and culture that makes working with us enjoyable. We’ve worked closely with startups as well as Fortune 500 companies to innovate across a variety of verticals. Though we’re headquartered in Brooklyn, NYC, we embrace remote work, and it’s been part of our DNA from the start.
Our team of over 70 sharp and talented engineers, designers, and product architects hail from diverse backgrounds, bringing empathy and business savvy to every project and relationship we take on. Whether you’re looking to take an idea from concept to production, improve an existing product, or handle a complicated digital transformation project, we can help.
HFC is seeking a high-energy, motivated Account Manager to represent the company’s business relationship with clients. The primary responsibility of the Account Manager is to create opportunities for HFC to strengthen and grow our client relationships in a mutually-beneficial way.
The Account Manager reports to the Managing Director of Client Services and works jointly with the Product Managers. This role serves as the bridge between clients and the Finance Director, the COO, and the CEO.
Specifically, you will…
- Work directly with the Product Managers and share responsibility for maintaining client happiness, executing scope renewals, and maximizing opportunities
- Discover clients’ product and business strategy with the goal of determining new avenues for delivering value to clients
- Foster and manage the company’s business relationships with clients by understanding how our client relates to our services and creating opportunities to expand our value proposition
- Draft and Manage Statements of Work and contract renewals that set the company up for success
- Negotiate with clients about costs, timeline, and approach as well as respond to billing inquiries
- Review and approve weekly timesheets for the production team
- Meet with HFC team members at least once a month to review project progress and any impediments
- Gather feedback about the company’s services and share that feedback with the Product Manager and relevant team members as needed
- Proficiency in developing account strategies, creating customer relationships, and maintaining engagements to renew existing scopes of work
- Working experience of navigating multiple levels of decision-makers and stakeholders to build a lasting and effective partnership
- Ability to anticipate and respond to project impediments and identify solutions including, but not limited to, resolve complaints pertaining to the team, quality, budget, and scope of services
- Experience navigating and seeking out stakeholder alignment and otherwise creating an environment for our services to be favorably received
- History of managing multiple clients with varying sizes and needs simultaneously
- Proficiency in developing account strategies, creating customer relationships, and accelerating engagements to close large scopes of work and a proven track record of ability to deliver sales of technical services and solutions in a competitive environment
- High level working knowledge of how digital products are developed
Skills and Characteristics
- An entrepreneurial DNA and desire to help lead the development and growth of the overall business offerings
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast paces and agile environment where you can apply your entrepreneurial approach and thinking
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ambition and a willingness to learn and develop professionally
- First and foremost – Happy and Fun – it’s all in the name
- Then the other stuff: Maturity, Initiative, Solution-mindedness, Emotional Intelligence, Humility, Generosity, generally good to be on a team with…
HFC is a good fit for entrepreneurially-minded doers that learn and adapt quickly and have a passion for what they do. What we look for is someone with experience turning ideas into fully-fledged products. We offer competitive pay, a fully remote company culture, and the opportunity to work on cool projects with great people. If this sounds like you, send us your application!