REMOTE – Software Test Engineer
The Software Test Engineer is a key member of the Scrum team responsible for delivering quality software that meets the needs of our clients. The ideal candidate has a background in software development with the desire to master the art of software testing. Success is measured by the candidate’s ability to think critically about new functionality, maintain a low bug rate in production, and increase automated test coverage.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and other Software Test Engineers to refine complex business requirements and develop the appropriate test strategies.
- Create test cases for new projects and maintain our regression test suite.
- Ensure user story acceptance criteria are met each sprint using a combination of manual and automated testing.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and document bugs found during testing.
- Utilize Mabl to create automated test cases for both sprint and regression test suites.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- 0-3 years of experience in the software development industry.
- Knowledge of the SDLC and the overall importance of testing in the development process.
- Knowledge of at least one popular programming language (i.e. Java, C#, PHP, Python, etc).
- Knowledge of UI test automation practices.
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Enjoys the challenge of new, complex problems and learning new information on the fly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile planning and bug tracking software such as Jira or VersionOne.
- Experience creating and managing test cases utilizing Jira Xray or similar software.
- Experience creating automated tests utilizing an Intelligent Test Automation platform such as Mabl, Testim, or TestComplete.
- Experience testing REST APIs utilizing Postman, SoapUI, or similar tools.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases.
- Familiarity with JMeter or similar load testing tools.