Software Engineer – Remote
Harbor Compliance is a fast-growing technology company that is reinventing how nonprofits and businesses manage critical areas of compliance. An Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 honoree, Harbor Compliance is using technology to simplify the complexities of business licensing and legal entity management. We have scaled to 25,000 clients and are just getting started.
The Software Engineer is a key member of the Scrum team responsible designing and developing new system components, product enhancements and defect fixes for our industry leading compliance software. This position is ideal for a technically minded individual with a background full stack application development. Success is measured by your ability to write clean code that delivers value to our customers as well as your ability to initiate conversations regarding technical standards and process improvements.
- Independently design and develop software features to meet the needs of our customers.
- Actively collaborate with other members of the Scrum team to deliver projects and meet team commitments.
- Develop an understanding of our application’s complexities and dependencies.
- Adhere to and further develop the team’s technical standards.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Stakeholders to clarify requirements.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented design patterns (preferably using PHP)
- Experience with full-lifecycle development (i.e. design, coding, testing, debugging, etc.)
- Experience using a PHP framework such as CakePHP, Laravel or Symfony is preferred
- Experience developing and debugging RESTful web APIs
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience working in a modern software development environment using practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment, test driven development, and pair programming
- Attitude focused on team outcomes
- Independent work-ethic
- Analytics skills
- Readiness to learn the complexities of the compliance industry
- Comfortable learning complex and changing technologies
- Accurate communication skills
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in web application development
- Familiarity with the LEMP stack is a huge plus