Software Test Engineer – Remote
Harbor Compliance is a fast-growing technology company that is reinventing how nonprofits and businesses manage critical areas of compliance. An Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 honoree, Harbor Compliance is using technology to simplify the complexities of business licensing and legal entity management. We have scaled to 25,000 clients and are just getting started.
The Software Test Engineer is a key member of the Scrum team responsible for delivering quality software that meets the needs of our clients. The ideal candidate has a background in software testing with recent experience performing both manual and automated testing on a complex SaaS application. Success is measured by the candidate’s ability to think critically about new functionality, maintain a low bug rate in production, and increase automated test coverage
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and other Software Test Engineers to refine complex business requirements and develop the appropriate test strategies.
- Create test cases for new projects and maintain our regression test suite.
- Ensure user story acceptance criteria are met each sprint using a combination of manual and automated testing.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and document bugs found during the sprint as well as in production.
- Extend our automated testing framework and associated tools.
- Document testing procedures and processes.
- Assist with non-functional testing as needed (i.e. load, security, etc).
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the software development industry.
- Experience with Agile planning and bug tracking software such as Jira or VersionOne
- Experience creating and managing test cases utilizing Jira Xray or similar software.
- Experience implementing a UI test automation framework based on Page Object Model utilizing Java, Selenium, and TestNG.
- Experience testing REST APIs utilizing Postman, SoapUI, or similar tools.
- Experience cleaning, manipulating, and/or auditing large data sets.
- Experience with MySQL or another query language.
- Experience implementing continuous integration of automated tests utilizing Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools.
- Familiarity with JMeter or similar load testing tools.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies is preferred.
- Enjoys the challenge of new, complex problems and learning new information on the fly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.