Enterprise Renewals Account Manager – Central
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role…
The Renewals Account Manager collaborates with Sales to oversee the renewal process for their account base across one territory or more. Typically, in this role you are responsible for a variety of larger, more complex accounts/territories in partnership with Field Sales.
In this role you can expect to…
- Negotiate all facets of renewal contracts using sound business judgment. Develop and deliver win/win negotiation strategies that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing the customer relationship and the value they are realizing from HashiCorp.
- Identify customer needs and demonstrate strong account management capabilities to drive on-time renewal closure.
- Maintain a good understanding of HashiCorp licensing models to provide both sales and customers assistance in licensing discussions.
- Monitor customer health metrics to proactively identify and communicate risks. Work cross functionally to develop risk mitigation strategies and drive appropriate actions with partner teams.
- Work with wider team to provide regular and accurate updates on renewal status to management and escalate as appropriate.
- Engage customers in conversations around renewal readiness, timing and general customer needs.
- Connect with customers on multi-year contracts via direct and indirect communication to ensure continued engagement and customer value realization.
- Create and present renewal proposal(s) and options to customers and notify customers of upcoming contract expiration.
- Work with Legal, Deals Desk and Sales Operations to resolve complex issues regarding approval and finalization of executable order form.
- Partner with our Customer Success organization to review customer value achievement in order to achieve customer product adoption and high utilization.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- 5+ years demonstrated success in a Renewal Account Management and/or Customer Success capacity.
- Experience leading customer retention and adoption for both On Prem & SaaS accounts/territories.
- Advanced proficiency with contract renewal processes.
- Proactive approach with strong attention to detail, time management and organization.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Team player mindset with a track record of building positive relationships with peers and cross-functional partners.
- Excellent customer management skills; including sales, account management, and customer service.
- Creative problem-solving skills taking personal initiative to identify areas of process improvement and efficiency.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and consistent quota achievement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge and expertise with both On Prem & SaaS models focused on enterprise software preferred.
- Texas is our preferred location
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RU1