Business Systems Analyst – Financial Enablement
At HubSpot, we are in the midst of a major transformation. Our product has evolved from a single app to a CRM platform and we are poised to be the #1 CRM for scaling companies. We’ve organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO in 2014 to recently surpassing $1 billion revenue with no plans of slowing down.
As the Financial Systems Enablement Senior Analyst on the Finance Operations team, you’ll help us tackle mission critical projects within our financial and billing systems ecosystem, enabling HubSpot to move fast, grow quickly, and provide a best-in-class experience to our customers, both internal and external.
You’ll be a primary business partner to our FinTech (Financial Technology) engineering group – HubSpot’s team of engineers, product managers, and business system analysts that build and support the systems that power seamless transactions between our customers and HubSpot. Sitting at the intersection of product development and Finance, you’ll leverage a diverse knowledge base of business systems, financial operations, customer billing, and compliance to help teams understand how changes in upstream systems impact our financial reporting and how we bill our customers. You will be our Finance “systems expert”, lending expertise as we roll out new programs and processes to scale our business and solve for our customers, both internal and external.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work with our FinTech team to manage risk on key projects, such as implementing a third party commission software or building a new product discounting model into our billing platform. You’ll partner throughout the project lifecycle, with activities that include: solutioning with project managers and engineers to talk through proposals and highlight downstream financial impact of system changes; opine on testing strategies and reviewing test plans for completeness; working with our Finance team to design operational controls to mitigate risk; and summarizing the status of key projects and communicating to various levels of management.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HubSpot’s products, business model, financial systems architecture and financial operations
- Be the in-house “systems expert” within the Finance team, working with cross- functional teams to build scalable and sustainable solutions
- Drive cross-functional collaboration across the Finance and Fintech Teams, ensuring transparency, alignment, and clear communication of core requirements
- Act as an translator between Fintech and Finance – conveying technical solutions and nuances as non-technical business and financial concepts
- Work with our Business Intelligence team to design and implement an end-to-end business controls framework ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Be part of a growing Financial Operations team and help us define Finance enablement best practices to equip HubSpot to scale for the future
We’re looking for people that have:
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 3+ years relevant work experience, which may include one or more of the following:
- Performing risk assessments and evaluating the impact of system changes on downstream processes, for example in a financial systems auditor capacity
- Management or Technology Consultant, with experience in solution design and/or implementation of financial systems
- Engaging with Engineering teams on product development, with an understanding of software development (SDLC) processes and agile methodology
- Resourceful and able to learn various systems quickly or ask key questions to build understanding
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work cross functionally and influence/inspire change across functions
- Ability to summarize and articulate complex technical information for a non-technical audience
- Continuous improvement mentality; ability to suggest and drive implementation of enhancements
- Demonstrated ability to work and multi-task in a dynamic/high growth environment
- Familiar with financial statements, accounting concepts, and SOX requirements
- Experience working with financial systems customer billing applications
A bonus (but not required) if you have:
- CPA, CISA, or CIA certifications
- Familiarity with systems used at HubSpot (NetSuite, Avalara, Zuora, Adyen)
- Experience working with HubSpot or other CRM tools
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.