Senior Specialist – Finance Go To Market Enablement
HubSpot is a rapidly growing publicly traded technology company that has organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO in 2014 to about $1.165 billion (projected) in revenue in 2021. HubSpot’s explosive top-line growth is driven by a great product and also by a wide variety of cross-team initiatives that aim to continuously evolve and improve the customer experience and our GTM (go-to-market) strategy. These initiatives can range from updating our customer billing model to better reflect how HubSpot delivers value, to updating our partner and sales rep commissioning framework and process. One of the strengths of our operating motion is our loosely coupled, autonomous cross-functional teams that are able to execute on their own missions independently. However, this can also be one of our biggest weaknesses as it comes to projects that span the entire organization, including Finance.
We are looking for a Senior Specialist – Finance GTM Enablement who will be responsible for representing the Finance team in bringing HubSpot’s customer experience and GTM strategy to life. You will report to the Senior Manager, Finance GTM Enablement and work closely with Sales and Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Legal and Security operations teams to ensure that any initiatives that require input or support from the Finance team are appropriately scoped and communicated to the right people across the individual teams within Finance (e.g. Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Billing, Collections, etc.). You will ensure that project plans across HubSpot operations teams reflect Finance requirements and all Finance stakeholders are aligned with the appropriate cross-functional teams.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Execute strategic, cross-functional initiatives that advance HubSpot’s customer experience and GTM strategy as they relate to the Finance function. You will ensure HubSpot meets planned deadlines and executes on these key initiatives
- Work closely with various operations teams on Sales, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Legal, and Security to develop Finance-related project requirements, goals, and milestones
- Be the Finance operations expert in the eyes of the cross-functional HubSpot operations teams. You’ll be the air traffic controller who gathers requirements from the various finance teams and brings those requirements to the table when planning and executing cross functional customer experience and GTM initiatives
- Partner with a globally distributed, cross-functional set of teams to achieve a shared goal; thrive working alongside many different perspectives to get things done
- Ensure alignment between operational business partners and Finance specific stakeholders
- Identify and drive resolution of key issues and roadblocks
- Help develop repeatable processes and best practices that foster collaboration and a flexible approach to enabling cross functional initiatives
- Be part of a growing Financial Operations function and help define Finance enablement best practices
We’re looking for people who:
- Have experience in a business enablement operational role, with established skills in project and change management
- Have a core understanding of what a Finance function does and is responsible for; can independently and quickly identify when a change or other initiative upstream will have a downstream impact on the Finance function
- Are effective at seeing the “bigger picture”, with the ability to drive impact on a global scale in a way that fits with company culture
- Think strategically, but can also roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Are analytical, processes oriented, and technically savvy
- Build strong relationships and partner across functions
- Adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a high-growth SaaS business and are comfortable working in a dynamic, constantly changing environment and can prioritize work and manage deadlines appropriately
- Are effective negotiators and creative problem-solvers; Can build consensus and drive results in partnership with stakeholders, across individual contributors and executive leadership
- Communicate complex topics, simply.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.