Quality Assurance Engineer
Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis and stats tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software and hardware products provide the insight that over 5 million coaches and teams need to help them win.
We believe that video is the best teaching tool for coaches and athletes. We build products that deliver fast, reliable video to every team everywhere. Working to solve problems about how they share in game footage, how they engage with their communities or how they better present ideas to each other.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join us and work on one of Hudl’s most innovative new products: Hudl Focus (https://www.hudl.com/products/focus). Our new connected camera is entirely autonomous and can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time. You will be part of a small agile cross-functional squad that develops the software that runs on the camera and ranges from video pipelines, tactical algorithms, and device management.
We would love it if you have used one of these languages – C++, C, Java, or Python. You have worked on embedded systems, camera technology or Linux based products, that would be even better.
Through the rest of our QA chapter, we are using a BDD solution for our API and UI layer tests that focus on the Gherkin language and backed by python and selenium webdriver. Our QA test like our users, write automation, analyze root causes, know the difference between testing and quality, and deploy code to production. They are involved throughout the entire development process, frequently pairing with our engineers.
We work in a Team and Squad model and follow Scrum. You would be working on the Focus Team to build a high-quality automatic capture system.
- Comfortable with automated frameworks. You’re always thinking of ways to create efficiency in your work with automation. You have experience with UI and API automation. You’ve worked with tools like: Appium, Selenium, Google Test, Behave and programming languages like: Python and C/C++. If you haven’t had experience with these frameworks/languages, that’s okay, but you must be ready to dig in and learn quickly.
- Naturally curious. You’re hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and you can show us how you’ve used that to improve how you work. You don’t stop with the obvious but instead, think about what might happen in the extreme cases. You constantly ask questions and dig deeper to learn more.
- Adaptable. Your role will be ever-changing, and you’ll do a lot in one day.
- A quality expert. You’re hands-on with testing every phase of development. You’re always thinking of ways to create efficiencies in your work with automation. Metrics are important to you and so is the user.
- Continue the modernization of our automated testing approach. You’ll write and execute automated tests. You’ll be the expert in automation. You’ll help others automate regression and load tests on web and mobile applications.
- Be an integral part of the team. As a quality assurance engineer, you won’t just be responsible for testing and deploying. You’ll be involved in design critiques and product decisions. Everyone on the product team is responsible for quality, but you’ll lead the way.
- Work in a cloud infrastructure. If AWS is in your past, we consider that a plus. You understand the importance of manual testing, but always push for automation.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.