London HQ | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of
experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and
intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for
entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founder’s choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense
finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of
the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Gousto, This!, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with Founders, Financial Directors, CFOs, COOs and Office Managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
A day in a life of an Accountant
This is an opportunity to work in a quickly growing compliance team, where we work with complex, captivating and stimulating fast-growth technology clients. You will be a recently qualified accountant who will play a pivotal role in providing Year-End Statutory Accounting and Tax Compliance services to our clients. This would ideally suit a recently qualified accountant with statutory accounts experience, looking for the next step in their career and increased responsibility you will be reporting to the Director of compliance, who will look to you to take ownership of a portfolio of clients and manage these both commercially and autonomously. This is a very client-centric role and you will be responsible for liaising with C-suite individuals to ensure that all relevant company information is gathered seamlessly and the company’s accounts and tax compliance documents are prepared and effective insight provided to company management.
Your typical day to day activities will also include;
- Review lead schedules prepared by the management accounts teams and clients as appropriate;
- Review and carry out reconciliation checks on items such as: Equity Investment; Payment Portals, Share Options, Fixed Assets, Payroll and VAT returns;
- Preparing Statutory Accounts and file these with Companies House;
- Preparing Corporation Tax Computations and File Tax Returns Follow up with Companies house and HMRC where required;
- Effectively handling ad-hoc client queries on compliance;
- Working independently within a team whilst providing mentoring of junior members within the team.
Sound good? If so, here is what we need from you:
- Post Qualified – Qualified member or finalist of an accounting body, specifically ACCA or ACA, CA;
- Statutory Accounts Experience – Must have experience in the preparation of statutory accounts under FRS102;
- Corporation Tax Experience – Must have experience in preparing non-complex Corporation Tax Return;
- Effective Time-Management – Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects at the same time.
Additional skills possessed by the ideal candidate:
- Experience Mentoring Junior Staff – Ability to demonstrate experience in mentoring junior staff;
- Extensive Accounts Preparation Software Knowledge – Past knowledge of IRIS, XeroTax or any other statutory accounts software.
What we offer you
An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖ Autonomous and flexible work style. We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks,
and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
Green Team – environmental catch ups and initiatives.
Tech – all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
Personal Development – we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have
the chance to become a leader from day 1.
Profit Share – after 1 year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
22 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays),
3 days Xmas Eve to NY office closure.
This is a hybrid remote role so you may be required to have 1-3 days in the office a week. Also, we are open to discussing a fully remote arrangement as well.