InCloudCounsel is seeking an Accountant to join our rapidly growing company. Our company is changing the way corporate legal services are delivered, enabling virtual careers for legal professionals and providing clients with a cost-efficient, technology-driven solution for their routine legal needs.
The Accountant will support the company’s day- to- day accounting function, including month-end closing activities (e.g., bank reconciliations, cost allocations, journal entries etc.), administration of accounts payable (A/P), monthly and ad hoc financial reporting, and general accounting support (including assistance with the annual financial statement audit).
The role will be focused on A/P, including administration of payments to InCloudCounsel’s attorneys and vendors. Payments are managed through a variety of proprietary and third-party technology tools, and accounted for utilizing Intacct, the Company’s accounting and financial reporting software.
The ideal candidate will have meaningful accounting experience, including managing and streamlining enterprise A/P processes. He or she will also be comfortable learning and building out new systems and processes.
The role will report to the Controller and the compensation package includes a competitive compensation package, and full benefits. InCloudCounsel has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Hong Kong. The preferred location for this role is San Francisco or Los Angeles.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Accounting: Ensure the integrity of the accounting information by recording, verifying, and consolidating transactions in the company’s accounting software (Intacct); assist with day-to-day tasks including journal entries and maintenance of the general ledger
- Reconciliations: Perform and prepare various reconciliations and analysis as part of the month end close process, including those related to prepaids and accruals
- A/P Process: Pay invoices and resolve all billing issues effectively and in a timely manner (e.g., sending all attorney payments by the 15th of the month); improve and automate existing A/P processes ensuring effective controls and compliance
- Documentation: Correctly capture, store, and categorize all relevant A/P documentation (W-9, W8-BEN, payment information, etc.)
- Employee Expenses: track company credit card spend and administer employee reimbursement process, utilizing Expensify
- Tax Administration: Assist with vendor-related tax reporting and compliance (e.g., prepare and distribute 1099 forms)
Skills & Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance required; accounting degree preferred
- Experience: 2-5 years of experience supporting accounting and finance functions
- Accounting: Understands fundamental accounting principles, GAAP financial statement reporting, practical operational accounting procedures (e.g., debits and credits, accruals, implementation of basic accounting policies, etc.), and basic regulatory compliance
- Software: Experience and proficiency with accounting and related third party software e.g., Intacct, Tipalti, Bill.com, Expensify, bulk payment platforms (i.e., Velo)
- Analytical Analysis: Natural strength and comfort in solving analytical problems utilizing data and financial figures; proficient with Excel (i.e., works with and creates reports, graphs, and charts), including common formulas and functionality (e.g., V-lookups, if statements, pivot tables and other data-intensive analytical functions)
- Attention to Detail: Takes time and effort to avoid errors and consistently delivers polished work
- Communication: Clearly and concisely communicates internally/externally in a variety of mediums
- Customer Service: Positively and effectively interacts with internal/external clients and demonstrates an understanding of sophisticated business processes and systems
- Process/Management and Development: Collaboratively deals with ambiguous problems and efficiently works with a cross-functional team to assist in various projects
About: InCloudCounsel is a legal technology company comprised of a committed team of former “Big Law” corporate attorneys, business professionals, and engineers working together to create new solutions to free both our customers and attorney partners to focus on what’s important to them. Our team creates solutions that free our customers to focus on impactful, engaging work by automating and enhancing the delivery of legal services, and to free attorneys who join our platform to design a life and legal practice unencumbered by traditional employment, geographic constraints, and administrative burdens. Our unique approach to routine legal work helps us deliver a best-in-class, global solution to the largest, most complex enterprises in the world, helping our customers free up time and resources, achieve substantial cost savings, and realize new sources of value through better document and data management.
Our team is comprised of a passionate group of individuals who are excited about the problems we solve, creating value for our customers, and building a culture of mutual respect, accountability, and continuous improvement. Outside of the office, we are musicians, dancers, photographers, sailors, surfers, world travelers, home flippers, and animal lovers – all passions that complement the drive and creativity that we bring to InCloudCounsel.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual professional development stipend
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
NOTE to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes from recruitment agencies. Any resumes sent to a member of InCloudCounsel will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission.